Like Tree63Likes

Amazon free shipping to HK for orders over US$49

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:
    I filled baskets of various types of non-luxury items I'm likely to buy - about 75% of the time Amazon automatically put on an import fee deposit, ranging from USD30-500.

Those items included - sports equipment, a sports watch, make up, sneakers, clothing (cheap, not designer stuff!), and certain toiletries.

What didn't get that fee - vitamins, OTC drugs, books.

Separately, in case others are interested, about 90% of the time, there was a shipping charge, ranging from USD8 to USD300. I tried only loading items where the product page specified the item qualified for free shipping to HK, and found that half the time there was a shipping fee, typically USD 8-12.

ymmv!
    Did you go all the way to the last page of checkout? This is where shipping is removed. I tried a variety of items, some listed shipping (remember it has to be over $49 so if you are on an item page and that item isn't over $49 then you will still see a shipping charge), I got to the final page of checkout, and all the shipping was removed.

When I switched to delivery to my US dropshipper address, the price of the goods was the same, but there was a delivery charge for two of the items - so it was actually cheaper to have it shipped to HK than within the US.

I've bought 3 bottles of supplement, totalling around US$70, with an import fees deposit of $0.03 - first time seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    OK, did find some random cookware item which showed up on my recos and saw this.

Saw this today as well. Makes quite a difference in price compared to the store price here in Hong Kong!

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    OK, did find some random cookware item which showed up on my recos and saw this.

As noted above, if the item is under $49 then you will see shipping listed on the item page. As long as the total order exceeds $49 then the shipping charge will be removed on last page of checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Did you go all the way to the last page of checkout? This is where shipping is removed. I tried a variety of items, some listed shipping (remember it has to be over $49 so if you are on an item page and that item isn't over $49 then you will still see a shipping charge), I got to the final page of checkout, and all the shipping was removed..
    Yes, I did get to the final page of checkout. i picked stuff I actually need just in case i accidentally submitted the order! Every order was over USD49.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Alibaba is wholesale and Amazon is retail. You buy shoes on Alibaba? Not in my wildest dreams would I have considered getting my last notebook from Alibaba.

BTW, the free shipping looks like working out 10% of the times for me. Many stuff I look for (shoes right now) has nobody that ships it to HK.
    I do not buy shoes online. I need to try them on and buy in the shop. Regardless if HK has what you need or not, somethings you need to try on and can wait until your next trip to stock up.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Amazon is not that great to deal with the headache. It's an overpriced version of Alibaba.
    As others said Alibaba is wholesale, and if you wsnt to buy books, movies etc. Alibaba is no comparison at all.

Or branded items.. Or western fits...

However as I use amazon these days the number of ads irritates me in the searches. If I am searching for dog treats, I don't want to see ads for harnesses.

Found something that gets an import charge on it.

Some supplements for a relative. Have bought them previously from Amazon and fro iHerb without any import related charges.

Name:  Screenshot_20191103-200912.png
Views: 760
Size:  488.7 KB

time to stock up on y e l l o w h e l m et s and g a s m a s k s

Mrs. Jones and spode like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast