Like Tree63Likes

Amazon free shipping to HK for orders over US$49

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Oh no!! Well, was too good to last- they are overwhelmed right now and have hired 100k temp workers to fulfill orders. Also limited orders to essentials like food, pet food, medicine and some other things I heard- or that is priority orders or somesuch.

Also...fewer planes are flying so maybe cargo rates have increased.

Jackie1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eterrestrial32:
    The free shipping to HK seems to have disappeared from Amazon US website. Not sure if it's a glitch or impact from the corona virus, or if they just decided to yank the whole scheme.
    Not too sure what has changed.. Seems like inventory that Amazon sells is low or depleted. Checked some usual items we buy from them and they are no longer shipped by Amazon - just 3rd party sellers.

Was wondering about this a couple of days ago as I could not find shoes which shipped for free.

I suspect that they are prioritizing fast moving inventory right now - essentials.

Let's see how this works out.
    Jackie1 likes this.

They are indeed prioritizing essentials, they have a section on their website explaining it all, rather complicated what the priority is and also seems their warehouses will limit to essentials for now:
    https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company...DSHCV53J0WHM01

shri likes this.

AMZN is only taking shipments from suppliers providing essential goods. So inventory is depleted and IMO priority should be for US customers not people in Asia. Once the situation has improved I think they will resume shipments here. They are not going to let HKTV Mall dominate here.

For once I was ahead of the panic buying and had stocked up on essentials that I would have hauled back at Easter. That plus a highly upgraded duplex hamster cage for the emotional support hamster.

HK_Katherine, jack55 and rkenia852 like this.

Under the circumstances I think this makes sense. Hopefully when things settle down they will revert back to the free shipping offer.

Also they are probably having unprecedented demand in their home market (i.e. the USA).

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Under the circumstances I think this makes sense. Hopefully when things settle down they will revert back to the free shipping offer.

Also they are probably having unprecedented demand in their home market (i.e. the USA).
    Up until Friday, I was seeing huge boxes from Amazon at the local SF Express sorting center. Lets see what it looks like in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    For once I was ahead of the panic buying and had stocked up on essentials that I would have hauled back at Easter. That plus a highly upgraded duplex hamster cage for the emotional support hamster.
    A duplex hamster cage is something that could be shipped from overseas at a non-prohibitive cost?

I had an Amazon delivery made on Friday, and have the rest arriving today. Very fast shipping which was surprising, as I'd read the news reports that Amazon was de-prioritising non-essential items and changing the way that their third party vendors were operating.

This is in stark contrast to the US-based reshipper I had also been using- my last package with them finally made it to HK after sitting static in Portland for 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    A duplex hamster cage is something that could be shipped from overseas at a non-prohibitive cost?

I
    No, cost was prohibitive- shipped from the UK (Italian producer I think) shipping was 49 USD (it's a pretty tricked-out cage). Had boatloads of Capital One credit card points so I splurged. Nothing is too good for the emotional support hamster.
    jgl likes this.

Fast shipping o'seas coz all the airports are empty of people, so goods get priority.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast