Like Tree49Likes

Amazon free shipping to HK for orders over US$49

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

No, no free shipping but still reasonable shipping- like 7 dollars US for a pair of sneakers, and the sneakers cost so much less than in HK, it's still worth it. Even paying for shipping, if the articles are smallish (clothing, toiletries, etc.), AZ still beats HK prices. But, for me, it's for buying things I can't get in HK- like my shoe size is a half-size (US sizes) that they mostly don't carry here and certain products (brands of deodorant, over-the-counter medicine) I can't get in HK. Otherwise, if it's available in HK I mostly just buy local but there are still things I need from the US.

shri, cloroxbleach and Sith like this.

Have noticed this as well. Will depend on the delays and/or how long it takes to get here, but shipping is approximately $50. Not bad at all, considering

Anyone shipped anything from Amazon US recently and how long did it take?

Thanks for posting here. I just bought two fairly small and light things that I want that I can't find in HK, and the shipping was ~11USD, and the estimated delivery date is July 22nd, so that works for me.

I'm not going to say I love the U.S., but I do like going back once a year for my family, but it just doesn't work for me and many others this year.

At least Amazon will sometimes ship things that are many times made in China that are in the U.S. to HK (seems wasteful, but I haven't found a better way for some things yet) for a fairly reasonable price with a fairly easy to use interface (finding something I want, but seeing it doesn't ship to HK is sometimes annoying).

I'm willing to pay extra for things that I'm very picky about, but it would be nice if I could figure out how to get everything I want on taobao or something in Asia at least and most of what I want is made in Asia anyway, but it doesn't mean I can find it for sale in Asia on an English website, and Google translate isn't always enough.

aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Anyone shipped anything from Amazon US recently and how long did it take?
    Got my order in 5 days. They did charge 7 bucks but that's more or less the same as me taking the bus down to the markets in Kowloon and back, not to speak of the hassle of trying to find car accessories in Hak Po.
    aw451 likes this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8