Like Tree8Likes

Amazon Returns - DHL issues

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Amazon Returns - DHL issues

Does anyone have experience with returning packages to Amazon via DHL?

I printed out all the required paperwork for the return and I'm ready to drop it off at DHL tomorrow.

However, I was told that DHL will need Amazon's account number or else they won't take the package? So I just had a live chat with Amazon customer service and they told me I don't need one. So I'm all confused now.

Anyone done this before?

I did that a couple of times.
    Just followed the instructions on the amazon site, printed their documents and that's it.
    I went to the DHL shop in the central MTR station, maybe try your luck there

Last edited by TheMichael; 15-11-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    Eddy Mundo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMichael:
    I did that a couple of times.
    Just followed the instructions on the amazon site, printed their documents and that's it.
    I went to the DHL shop in the central MTR station, maybe try your luck there
    That's good to know. Maybe they just need the number for pick ups? I'll find out tomorrow I guess.

You can call the central shop - number is in the website. Check if they can deal with Amazon returbs.

And yes TheMichael is right yi need an acct number for pickups.

Eddy Mundo likes this.

Will try the Tai Wai branch first since I live there. If unsuccessful, will try Central on another day.

I did that at the MK branch, I printed out the shipping label per Amazon’s return instructions and the DHL staff knew exactly what to do. She told me they process hundreds of them a day so they’re very familiar with the drill.

Eddy Mundo and shri like this.

Just arranged DHL pickup for Amazon return. Didn't need a DHL account.

Eddy Mundo likes this.

It was quick and easy at Tai Wai DHL too. Me just being paranoid, lol

shri likes this.

Hi all,
    I'm doing my first return to Amazon from Hong Kong. I've followed the directions online, and after choosing what I want to return (a small return), the website is telling me that the DHL option will reduce my refund by $20 USD. Is that the case? It's my understanding that Amazon will reimburse me up to $150HKD for postage, but does that apply to the DHL option too at the end of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by madal1:
    I did that at the MK branch, I printed out the shipping label per Amazon’s return instructions and the DHL staff knew exactly what to do. She told me they process hundreds of them a day so they’re very familiar with the drill.
    When you say MK, you mean Mong Kok? Which one?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast