Like Tree6Likes

how do I sell using carousel?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Out of curiosity is there anything that protects the buyer like - I believe - with eBay ?
    (I may believe wrongly).

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    Out of curiosity is there anything that protects the buyer like - I believe - with eBay ?
    (I may believe wrongly).
    No. Still the risk is lower since most transactions are over MTR turnstiles.
    jrkob likes this.

Do not use Paypal.

Use direct bank transfer like Payme.

Carousel is a god platform. Much better than the eBay + Paypal: (i) price/ fee gouging and (ii) scammer facilitation combination.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Apart from being on every cheque you write!
    Good point (Although I don't carry around my cheque book, so when I need to tell someone my account details, I need to wait until I get home and look it up)
    TheBrit likes this.

Carousell is person to person, they are just a platform for advertising and do not offer any protections.

I've bought and sold quite a bit of stuff there.

Generally I either meet the person at an MTR station or have them send it to my SF locker.
    For payments, I've used both PayMe and FPS.

If you're not meeting face to face, there is a leap of faith, which is why Carousell has their reputation/feedback system - not a guarantee but helps, e.g. if someone is a new user with no feedback I am not going to FPS them money in the hopes they post something, I would only meet f2f for those ones.

For FPS, you can either provide your phone number, email address or FPS ID to the person sending you money - transfers are instant.

nivantj likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2