Like Tree6Likes

how do I sell using carousel?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

how do I sell using carousel?

I listed an item and found a buyer. He wants to pay and then I mail the goods. What are the normal ways to pay ? I know there is that new way to transfer money in HK but don't know how to use it.... is it safe to give my account number to someone? any good advice? I did this all the time in NZ but not sure if HK is different!

Use fps all the bank have it you just need to give them your phone number and the wire will be instant. So you can check the wire immediately. Also I don’t see what a person can do with just a bank account number, it is useless on its own.

HK_Katherine likes this.

You can use payme, paypal or the fps as suggested above.

HK_Katherine likes this.

If the buyer is in HK, you can meet in person. I sold an item on carousell and met at Central MTR, payment in cash.

imparanoic likes this.

Is it send to overseas? I recently encounter this - it's a scam - lucky I didn't lose anything. Search a discussion under my name here.

These scammers lurks in e-commerce sites.

Right, if it's from overseas it's a scam.

I was recently pushed to use PayMe - and need to say, it's really convenient. I use it at other places too, there are some online food places that use it, LetPacific i.e.

You need to get the Payme app and you have the buyer only a link to pay you. They don't need your account number. And even if, not much they can do with an account number other than pay you. It works with HSBC, not sure about other banks.

Thanks. It's not a scam - unless you can fake recieving money from the FPS - which is what we used. As everyone said, the money arrived instantly and my bank sent me a text. We will post the item (locally) tomorrow. I have no interest in meeting up in MTR stations! Thanks for all the comments. First time for me using FPS!

Just a note on giving out bank account numbers. It's a strange one:

- in the UK, everyone gives out their account number, it's not protected information and it's even printed on the front of your bank card.
    - when I lived in the US, people were incredibly protective of their account numbers, they refused to give them out, except to trusted friends, they're hidden on documentation etc. When I asked why, people just cited 'security issues'. Hong Kong seems similar, in that your account number is quite 'hidden'

Just in person, product for cash. No charge back!

Original Post Deleted
    No. Still the risk is lower since most transactions are over MTR turnstiles.
    jrkob likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast