Like Tree16Likes

I can't believe that shop is still there!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another thing to add to the mix, I suppose... lots of HK people live in public housing or own their homes outright.

There is a homework centre near ours and I have been able to crunch the numbers (I know his rent/overheads and I know his students and how much they pay) and I reckon he and his wife net about $10000 per month... that seems to be enough for them.

Could be that on $1000 p/m rent, eating a diet of gruel and noodles, you just don't need as much money.

I've been in the Kettler store. Have never bought anything. But perhaps that is a display room for gyms and other commercial ventures.

Everybody should know this. Because of cash flows and tax laws!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    Another thing to add to the mix, I suppose... lots of HK people live in public housing or own their homes outright.

There is a homework centre near ours and I have been able to crunch the numbers (I know his rent/overheads and I know his students and how much they pay) and I reckon he and his wife net about $10000 per month... that seems to be enough for them.

Could be that on $1000 p/m rent, eating a diet of gruel and noodles, you just don't need as much money.
    Netting 10k a month, isn't it better to just be an employee?
    Mr Chips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jack55:
    Netting 10k a month, isn't it better to just be an employee?
    Speaking as a small time 'entrepreneur', it's not all about the money.... trust me. Even when you're making decent coin, never figure out your hourly rate!
    rkenia852 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    I was referring to the Kettler store
    May be a corporate decision to have that location / branding or perhaps Wing On has the agency for that brand? Random reasons...
    Mr Chips likes this.

I agree that it's a mystery how some places stay open, but there also plenty of places in more established areas where some fortunate person's father or grandfather managed to buy the place outright in the late 1960s (or even earlier).

i once had a claim for a kettler item and required a component, i believe it's not just a shop as it's also the distributor who probably require a centrally based hk island location

rkenia852 likes this.