Returning faulty product to China

Returning faulty product to China

Hi Geo fam

I bought a logic board for my iphone off taobao a couple of weeks ago. I just manged to get all the tools to fit the logic board and it appears that the logic board is faulty.

The retailer on taobao sent me a an address in Shenzhen and he has asked me to send it back to him.

I went to SF Express this arvo and the lady at the counter went on and on about how i need to show an invoice, have the guy's ID and make a tax declaration??? I am like - this is just a faulty phone component I bought and I want to return it.

Has anyone tried to return something they bought from a retailer in China? if so, how did you get around doing it?

The guy who sold me the part tells me that it should be simple to return and he said he has never had to provide his China ID for a delivery to China.

Any ideas?

If he beleives its faulty should just send you a new one and you discard the old. Sometimes its a tactic to prevent you from effectig a return IMO.

Courier thinks you are exporting to China.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    If he beleives its faulty should just send you a new one and you discard the old. Sometimes its a tactic to prevent you from effectig a return IMO.

Courier thinks you are exporting to China.

Thanks, mate. Unfortunately, the logic board was $1800hkd, so he won't be sending me another one without first getting the one he sent, back. The logic board works, for the most part, but there are some intermittent issues which he says he will look at and fix if i send the board back to him.

SfExpress started enforcing this stupid ID rule since last year? I stopped using them since.

Use regular hk post to send it back.

You can’t send electronics or electronic components to China via sf expresss