• 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By imparanoic

Directbuyhk.com - is it reliable?

Closed Thread

Directbuyhk.com - is it reliable?

Hi all,
    I've just searched on the forum but with threads dating back to 2012. Does anyone use the above site to buy things and is it a bit like Amazon, i.e. fulfilled by other sellers? And is there any kind of guarantee once you've paid for the item?

I've just a Nintendo switch game on there, which is sold out at Fortress, Broadway & it says not only is it in stock but $20 cheaper. And other online stores seem to be out of stock or selling at a mark-up. Thanks

For sake of sanity, pay the premium locally. Global logistics are a mess right now.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    For sake of sanity, pay the premium locally. Global logistics are a mess right now.
    No it seems to be a local business

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    No it seems to be a local business
    I'd find a way to message them and ask them if you can do a cash pick up.
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    Hi all,
    I've just searched on the forum but with threads dating back to 2012. Does anyone use the above site to buy things and is it a bit like Amazon, i.e. fulfilled by other sellers? And is there any kind of guarantee once you've paid for the item?

I've just a Nintendo switch game on there, which is sold out at Fortress, Broadway & it says not only is it in stock but $20 cheaper. And other online stores seem to be out of stock or selling at a mark-up. Thanks
    tried the new local Nintendo store? my friend mentioned Switch was on sale

direct buy hk is a distributor ( they distributor products to shops and occasionally distribute limited published materials such a re-released rare retro games unlicenced as there is no rights for snes nowadays) but it does sell to the public, they are reliable and they have actually have physical shop, you can even whatsapp for confirmation of stock, price wise, they can be sometimes cheaper than most stores.

address is 187 fuk wah st, whatsapp number, probably best to use chinese 9284 1874 email: you can try english ,

this is one of those rare game released and apparantly published by them.

https://www.destructoid.com/new-snes...7-404559.phtml

shri likes this.

also your switch game, try carosell, they are some shops within carosel, some are decent some are crap

this shop is recommended as well, but they concertate on retro gaming focus less on modern gaming, but they have impressive stock

樹皮天堂 RETRO GAME STORE

Address: Mong Kok, Fa Yuen St, 2-16號1樓24-25,55-57 Ho King Commercial Centre

Phone: 6157 1588

jgl likes this.

also note, blaze pro, super ufo and direct buy are the same company, probably different names to respresent different departments, publishing, manuafacturing and sales, i have used this company for around 15 years now

Thanks they did answer after a while on fb messenger.