View Poll Results: What type of eggs do you usually buy?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Local Chinese from the wet maket

5 12.50%
  • Thai / Malaysian / Singaporian

12 30.00%
  • USA / Australian

9 22.50%
  • European

3 7.50%
  • Corn Feed Chinese

1 2.50%
  • Organic

2 5.00%
  • Japan / Korea

13 32.50%
  • The cheapest

6 15.00%
  • I choose based on shell color

1 2.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree9Likes

Where and What Eggs do you buy?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

So if you were to buy US eggs from a wet market stored at room temp, salmonella poisoning is likely, unlikely?

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    It could be the handling that breaks down. When I was considering the (stacks and stacks of) discounted US eggs they were in the refrigerated section, but can you count on everyone having kept them properly chilled along the way? Maybe to the UK it might have been different (or just better luck) than to Hong Kong.
    That's what's confusing. In the UK eggs aren't kept in the fridge. (in supermarkets) And yet, they do seem very clean and 'processed'.

US eggs are washed which removes the cuticle which means they are exposed to the air and so need to be chilled. They should not be left a room temperature long. UK and other European countries do not wash the eggs so they can be stored at room temperature. (I believe the NZ and Australian eggs are the same). I still put eggs ion the fridge here regardless.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...ir-eggs-2018-4

AsianXpat0 likes this.

I was given 12 Korean eggs for free at Fusion today by the excited lady at the checkout because I'd bought ice cream. Deeply random promotions here.

East_coast likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4