Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By angeluscomplex
  • 1 Post By Ellenna
  • 1 Post By TheRoadAhead

Vegan shaving brush and cream??

Vegan shaving brush and cream??

I have yet again totally forgotten my SO's birthday and now desperately looking for a VEGAN FRIENDLY shaving brush and shaving cream. B'day is 28/5 so no time for online orders. Vegan friendly brush = no animal bristles of any kind. Vegan friendly shaving cream = no animal derived ingredients and no animal testing. I know Bulldog has some shaving foams/gels but not sure where to find as Watson's only seems to stock their shampoos etc. And the brush! I'm making mad dash to check Log-On now and desperately need other suggestions where to look. Must buy latest tomorrow so it can be ready on B/day morning. Help.

Body Shop?

Ben_eficialFrie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    I have yet again totally forgotten my SO's birthday and now desperately looking for a VEGAN FRIENDLY shaving brush and shaving cream. B'day is 28/5 so no time for online orders. Vegan friendly brush = no animal bristles of any kind. Vegan friendly shaving cream = no animal derived ingredients and no animal testing. I know Bulldog has some shaving foams/gels but not sure where to find as Watson's only seems to stock their shampoos etc. And the brush! I'm making mad dash to check Log-On now and desperately need other suggestions where to look. Must buy latest tomorrow so it can be ready on B/day morning. Help.
    You want a synthetic brush? I have a spare RazoRock brush I haven't used.

Other option, check out Fangda, they have a few items.

I may have some spare shaving soap as well. Let me dig around. PM me.

Live Zero in SYP/Sai Kung maybe will have. Message or call to ask.

Another option may be plasticfreehk. It's a website, but if you message her, she may be able to get it in the mail asap for you (I think she's also in Sai Kung).

Lush also had good products with animal welfare in mind.

Vegan brush = plastic though!

Thanks Elegiaque. I have now arranged express courier to pick up a tin of shaving cream from plasticfreehk and they should deliver it to me this afternoon. No other way to get it in time. Courier costs as much as the cream, but maybe this will teach me to mark my calendar extra clearly for next year... >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Live Zero in SYP/Sai Kung maybe will have. Message or call to ask.

Another option may be plasticfreehk. It's a website, but if you message her, she may be able to get it in the mail asap for you (I think she's also in Sai Kung).

Lush also had good products with animal welfare in mind.

Vegan brush = plastic though!
    Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    Thanks Elegiaque. I have now arranged express courier to pick up a tin of shaving cream from plasticfreehk and they should deliver it to me this afternoon. No other way to get it in time. Courier costs as much as the cream, but maybe this will teach me to mark my calendar extra clearly for next year... >.<
    Great! Hope it's what you're looking for and makes a classy gift. I think they have rather nice products. It's handy to have an online go-to store for alternative products.

I think Aesop sells one.

Vegan is a marketing term ... just buy a synthetic brush.

For the cream there is a store on the 2nd or 3rd floor of Hysan place. You won’t be able to find a brush there that’s not made out of animal hair/skin though.

angeluscomplex likes this.