Like Tree8Likes

Compact bbq grill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Compact bbq grill

Found this Fuego gas grill on Amazon for $5500+, looks like a nice fit for balcony. Anyone knows if this or similar is available at any HK stores?

I have the Weber Q1000 I bought from amazon. Great size for hk and a family of 4. I take it out when I need to grill and put it in to storage room when I am done. It’s pretty portable. I don’t recommend big ones because I had a Weber charcoal that I used to leave outside. That one only lasted two year before the saltwater air rusted the whole thing. I live on a low floor near the sea so that might be a factor.

CarterTG likes this.

Compact bbq

Thanks for your info. I looked at the Q1000 too, is it powerful enough to sear meats? Does the propane gas last several cookouts? Easy to replenish? What about the Q2200?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Sun:
    ...is it powerful enough to sear meats?
    https://youtu.be/EJBbI63P9xc

I’m sure there’d be a majority of videos complaining about it if it weren’t up to that task. The Weber Q has been on my wishlist for several years to augment a 4-burner Weber Genesis II... either to provide extra grilling space when the 20 headcount in-laws show up or if looking to do a super-quick dinner for just the wife & I. Many other toys still ahead of it before I pull the trigger so I’ve spent this time looking for reasons (review complaints) why I’d have to kick it off the list or replace it with something better. It’s still at the top of its class for a stowable portable grill.

There are YouTubers who have created entire channels for grilling exclusively on this model:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQf...D5ZXC9YKA8v7yg

It’s initially designed to directly twist-on a 1lb (450g) camping canister good for around an hour’s use... just about perfect for it’s portability intent. For those making this their main grill, an adapter hose can lead it to the 20lb (9kg) propane tanks commonly used with backyard grills. Most grilling sessions last ~12 minutes. A single-burner jobbie like the Q1200 ought to be good for at least 80 meals if hooked up to the large tank.

From what I remember pawing & lamenting over a Q2200 at the store, the lid (& base?) is manufactured with cast aluminum. No worries about it rusting away in HK.

My memory of grilling in HK was at an uncle’s house in the boonies. Everything was going OK until the factory paint sprayed on the charcoal pan caught fire.

+1 for the Q1200... Just right for 2-3 ppl, and you can certainly do more at a push. No complaints on the temperature... Every bit as good as a full size gas BBQ.

At least in HK they call the one which takes the camping gas the Q1250 while the version with a normal regulator to take a full size canister is the Q1200. I bought the former and get 2-3 reasonable grilling sessions out of a canister. The 1hr quoted above must be on high flame the whole time.

East_coast likes this.

I got a lotus grill a few months back. Best purchase ever. Can store it away in the kitchen yet uses charcoal and is ready to cook in under 5 mins from putting it outside. Prefect for 2-3 people. You can even pick it up and move it around whilst the coals are burning.

https://www.coba-grills.hk/collectio...ts/lotus-grill

I got myself a 10.5kg propane canister from a shop around the corner and got set up the same day I placed the order. This gas can will last me for quite a while, at least 8-10 times of bbq or more I figure. The fire from the Q2200 is powerful enough to sear steak, I you really compare it to a large grill such as the Genesis. But given the small balcony at my apt it does a satisfactory job. Had to take off the side flaps to fit the balcony though.

The grates take a while to clean, need to get some grate cleaning chemical to remove the grease and stains though. Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks for the info and video.

Cornmeal and Miaofromcali like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast