Like Tree14Likes

Hong Kong Amazon?

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Sigh, get a grip and tone down the reflexive rhetoric. The cost of reshipping services are well under the cost of USPS surface mail or any other paid delivery service out of the US.
    I'm into free or near free shipping. Last time I checked shipping face masks by USPS was not cheap. Get a grip on reality or go ahead and get exploited.

    You use an artificially high bar when comparing your interloper shipping fees plus cost of product to HK prices.
    The real benchmark should be what your would pay all in with Amazon US. So strip the sales tax out and add zero to token Amazon fees.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,584

    If you buy Amazon products that ship to HK, the AZ shipping fees are typically a lot less than a reshipper- I just checked into a pair of sneakers, shipping was about 8 dollars US. Given how much they cost in HK, it's a deal. I have ordered a few things since the pandemic, still come relatively fast despite fewer flights to HK. So, still AZ for most things, if you set the shipping as HK they will preferentially show you items that ship to HK.

    shri and AsianXpat0 like this.

  3. #13
    jgl
    jgl is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,261
    Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    I'm into free or near free shipping. Last time I checked shipping face masks by USPS was not cheap. Get a grip on reality or go ahead and get exploited.

    You use an artificially high bar when comparing your interloper shipping fees plus cost of product to HK prices.
    The real benchmark should be what your would pay all in with Amazon US. So strip the sales tax out and add zero to token Amazon fees.
    You're the poster who off memory couldn't figure out where to buy screwdrivers in a major metropolitan city full of hardware stores, couldn't figure out how to properly spec a laptop so blamed it on some hapless salesman, and recommended that someone buy PPE in Hong Kong from a brand that doesn't exist here. You keep talking as if you know what's going on, but you clearly don't- bluster needs to be backed up with knowledge, otherwise it falls flat on its face.

    Reshippers run at USD6 a kilo. The only thing that can compete with them are Amazon logistics, which run at similar rates. Amazon is often better for small heavy things, reshippers for bulk.
    TheBrit likes this.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,584

    Are you still getting those rates since the flights slowdown after the pandemic? I haven't checked prices lately but need to ship some stuff (large cat tree) that AZ doesn't ship to HK- any names of reshippers you like? Last one I used was a bit pricey but that was in 2018...


  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    You're the poster who off memory couldn't figure out where to buy screwdrivers in a major metropolitan city full of hardware stores, couldn't figure out how to properly spec a laptop so blamed it on some hapless salesman, and recommended that someone buy PPE in Hong Kong from a brand that doesn't exist here. You keep talking as if you know what's going on, but you clearly don't- bluster needs to be backed up with knowledge, otherwise it falls flat on its face.

    Reshippers run at USD6 a kilo. The only thing that can compete with them are Amazon logistics, which run at similar rates. Amazon is often better for small heavy things, reshippers for bulk.
    So weird to keep tabs on other people in such detail that even the target barely recalls. I just ordered over $100 USD worth of stuff -small items. The AMZN fee was about $5USD. I got it by DHL iin 4 days. If what you say is accurate then your interloper price is in line but slower and less relaible. Probably also excludes other onerous charges. I've used ShipTo in the past and IMO it was a "rip" as in rip-off. If you get joy out of your method then keep on using it.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9

    Amazon US's shipping costs have come down a lot in the last 2 weeks or so. I had stuff in my cart which each cost around 30usd and would cost 30usd each to ship here. Basic baking supplies like a cupcake tin. Now it's down to 6-8usd each to ship. If it's not urgent maybe you can wait and it will come down further.


  7. #17
    jgl
    jgl is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,261
    Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Are you still getting those rates since the flights slowdown after the pandemic? I haven't checked prices lately but need to ship some stuff (large cat tree) that AZ doesn't ship to HK- any names of reshippers you like? Last one I used was a bit pricey but that was in 2018...
    Yep, still getting those rates. Delivery times are a bit slower than previous, maybe something in the vicinity of 10 days from the US?

    The one I'm using has annoyed the powers that be, the name gets wiped when mentioned on the forum


    Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    So weird to keep tabs on other people in such detail that even the target barely recalls.
    Your low standards for a functioning memory... is your own problem.

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2