Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By flameproof
  • 1 Post By gch555
  • 1 Post By Busyguy

buying from China?

Closed Thread

buying from China?

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has tried ordering items from China recently (like from Taobao or another platform). If so, did they come in time? I'm thinking of ordering some things but they are time-sensitive and I'm not sure if shipping is back to normal or not.

I ordered from AliExpress in early Aug. Items have still not arrived but its OK as I don't have any urgent use case for them. Default shipping is typically SG Post or AliExpress. The former method in the past never arrived and had to get a refund which was easily granted by the sellers. The delay seemed to be virus related. AliExpress is reliable but slow. I beleive its ground shipment within the Mainland into HK. On a prior order, most items took about 1.5 months. One order (for what I determined to be fake but non critical auto parts) arrived from a closer province whithin a few weeks. If you can, as its not always disclosed, determine where the items will be shipped from and the closer the better IMO. If you are going to pay for expedited shipping its better to consider eBay or Amazon IMO.

I order from Taobao very frequently. Delivery fast as usual. Seller to my collection point (Humen, Topexpress) 1-3 days. Humen to HK usually next day.

Direct seller to HK might be faster.

Taxmyass likes this.

I have a taobao order coming almost every week, no delays, no issues. Most of it is group shipped but sometimes not.

twelve98 likes this.

I've been ordering off of aliexpress and it's really slow for the last few months. Sometimes up to two months to receive things unless they are sent by sfexpress

I would not recommend Aliexpress, took over 3 months for my stuff. Taobao on the other hand was pretty quick, got the stuff in a week.

twelve98 likes this.

Have ordered something from ebay....took 2 months for something coming from Guangdong province so not very far but was sent in Singapore (I suspect it was sold from aliexpress as I got also this issue with them a couple of times with Chinese products sent to Singapore and then dispatched to hong kong)

Thanks for the info guys! That is helpful.