Taobao shipping to discovery bay

Taobao shipping to discovery bay

Hi all, does anyone has experience shipping to discovery bay using official consolidation or sfexpress? do they ask any extra charge?
    TIA.

Hi Sasi

The short answer to your question is: Yes, the official/recommended consolidator shipper often does charge extras. It may be as little as $20 for small items but up to $200 for large items. There is NO indication of this charge until they are virtually at your door. So always use another shipper, not the default one as indicated on Taobao.

On a wider note, there are lots of bargains to be had on TB but i would not dream of using it unless i was a fluent chinese reader/speaker or had very close access to one, especially for deliveries to Discovery Bay.
    My wife (who is originally from mainland China) and I moved to DB recently so we have basically furnished out our flat using TB including once a large pallet delivery of numerous varied items. But it has taken her almost 2 years to feel comfortable using TB and even then makes the odd (slightly-) costly mistake.

I believe there is a Facebook page started by someone who helps buy stuff from TB for delivery to DB but i have no idea of how much they charge.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your reply. In fact I just checked with forwarder customer service they almost confirmed the same. It seems they charge $200 for larger package. My doubt is do they charge extra for remote area delivery, for example for smaller items $20 + any remote area charge?

I checked with SFExpress, they confirmed that they don't charge extra! I also wonder why many sellers refuse to ship to Hong Kong even though we use consolidated shipping all they need to do is ship to warehouse in China. Hope to find some reliable taobao agent .

Quote Originally Posted by sasigopalan:
    I also wonder why many sellers refuse to ship to Hong Kong even though we use consolidated shipping all they need to do is ship to warehouse in China. Hope to find some reliable taobao agent .
    Because if the package gets lost in transit, they can't claim the goods has been sent and collect money. This scares them especially those seller who have not done it before. Best it use your own consolidated shipper with a china address, they can claim its sent once your consolidated shipper in china collects that package. And everyone is happy

Ohh I see your point. Thanks for your reply.