Like Tree54Likes

Forgot to pay

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

If you had walked out with a PS5, I'm sure you'd be re-selling them like hot cakes....

Quote Originally Posted by Srashes:
    This is not helping. But i did buy bananas

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Indians are not SE Asians
    South East Aryans instead

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    Per Wikipedia: South Asian ethnic groups are ethnolinguistic composition of the diverse population of South Asia, including the nations of India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, the Maldives and Sri Lanka.[1] Afghans, however, are generally not included among South Asian ethnic groups[2][3][4][5][6]
    Ffs, South Asians and South East Asians are different. Buy an atlas.
    Flapster and jgl like this.

If i go back and claim I forgot to pay and offer to pay, could I run into trouble where they claim I didn't bring back everything? I am just conscious if this may involve some insurance claim where my name is on record over $130.

Alternatively, i would be more than happy to put $130 in their donation box or overpay the next time I go by scanning a same item multiple times to cover the $130 just to balance out.
    I would do both
    1. contact the manager, in person, and explain events as they unfolded. Let them decide upon their policy how they wish to proceed.

This is aligned with your values to set it right by taking responsibility, makes an effort to correct it by referring it to the manager and also takes responsibility for stereotypes that get created by incorrect perceptions.

There is zero legal or criminal liability if you do this unless you did smuggle out a PS5 or some crazily prized cherries...

2. Donate HKD 130 to any cause. If you can give, someone can benefit from it.

All the best!
    Srashes likes this.

Thanks y'all.

Just went to the store to pay, they didn't seem to care much until I forced them to check records - They verified I didn't pay. Glad I went today because they were able to print a record of everything I scanned, and if I didn't go in, they probably would have figured out during the monthly reconciliation. It was all sorted within 5 mins.

Thanks y'all.

Just went to the store to pay, they didn't seem to care much until I forced them to check records - They verified I didn't pay. Glad I went today because they were able to print a record of everything I scanned, and if I didn't go in, they probably would have figured out during the monthly reconciliation. It was all sorted within 5 mins.
    Thanks for reporting back and glad it was a positive ending.
    spode and HK_Katherine like this.

Thanks y'all.

Hope you get an extra hour's of sleep tonight.

Happy Ending
    now go for a real happy ending to top it all off

hullexile likes this.

so you actually took back all the goods to the counter so they can check that all the items were scanned but never paid for ? hmm... *applause* for that extra effort to sleep well at night