View Poll Results: How much is enough to get you to recycle - assuming one is near you

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wont ever be bothered - trash 'em

0 0%
  • I'll continue to give them to the street cleaner

0 0%
  • I'll continue to drop them in a litter cum recycler

2 13.33%
  • $0.1

2 13.33%
  • $0.5

2 13.33%
  • $1.0

5 33.33%
  • $2.0

1 6.67%
  • Stop with these questions

3 20.00%
Like Tree19Likes

Reverse Vending Machine Pilot Scheme - How much is enough - $0.1?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've been using the RVM in Pacific Place 3, and the machine is too slow and too dumb...
    You have to scan the bar code, feed one bottle at a time... flat opens flap closes blah blah.... M&S bottles are not recognised etc... just dumb....

That machine design/speed is is not scalable. I think a single 7/11 can sell drinks faster than one of the machines can swallow.... Also you often carry a bunch of bottles and the thing is not working....

Original Post Deleted
    which... all the more makes it commercially senseless to be paying anything more for it than a token representation since the effort is more expensive than the material one can get back from a bottle

Germany is the world's highest plastic recycler. Again great initiative by the German Government and Germans who believe they are doing something good for the environment, but look where it actually ends up...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/germa...b004b6adad52f8

Original Post Deleted
    mucaari likes this.

This is pretty much a global matter. Prospective Countries need to manage their own garbage and waste recycling initiatives should be implemented.

Very easily said, but difficult to achieve in reality.

Has anyone come across the Green @ Community "stores" that have been opening up through HK (albeit so far in mostly inconvenient locations). There's one that just opened weeks ago here in Mui Wo.

They're initiatives between the EPD and usually some local environmental group. You get a membership card and they weigh your recyclable lap sap in return for points. I've not redeemed anything yet, but apparently you can exchange for things like cooking salt. Rather, i'm pleased they give assurances that items are actually recycled; whereas even their staff comment that items thrown in recycling bins often aren't handled properly.

These "stores" take nearly everything: plastics, metal, glass, paper, electronic items, rechargeable batteries... even tetra-pack, which I had previously not known how to handle. It's also much easier than trying to squeeze these items into small (and usually full) roadside bins.