Like Tree4Likes

LactAid (or other lactose intolerance meds) in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I'm lactose intolerant, but I can drink small amounts of milk with no issue. The splash of milk in tea or coffee is totally fine. A 300ml glass of milk on the other hand, not so much.
    I’m talking about the big bubble teas full of milk. I’m also lactose intolerant and I would be nervous to drink one of those without a pill first!

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I’m talking about the big bubble teas full of milk. I’m also lactose intolerant and I would be nervous to drink one of those without a pill first!
    I suspect there's not really that much milk in those weird things!
    merchantms and chingleutsch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I'm lactose intolerant, but I can drink small amounts of milk with no issue. The splash of milk in tea or coffee is totally fine. A 300ml glass of milk on the other hand, not so much.
    I can't do milk in coffee, and I mean even very little milk, not Latte or Cappuccino. Hard cheese is no problem. Brie depends. Strange thing is I am not genetically lactose intolerant. I had milk and everything all my life. Just the last year or so trouble started.

Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper:
    I can't do milk in coffee, and I mean even very little milk, not Latte or Cappuccino. Hard cheese is no problem. Brie depends. Strange thing is I am not genetically lactose intolerant. I had milk and everything all my life. Just the last year or so trouble started.
    Did it start after a course of antibiotics by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Did it start after a course of antibiotics by any chance?
    I would have to dig deep into that. Have had some AB last year I think, but the lactose issue is older, more like 3 years. I don't recall any AB pills then.
    jayinhongkong likes this.

After some thinking and research, it might be Amlodipine related.

Watsons has something similar:

https://www.watsons.com.hk/product-h...0s/p/BP_805392