Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By shri

Park n Shop - German Pool

Closed Thread

Park n Shop - German Pool

Has anyone redeemed their stamps for German Pool products and think it's worth it? The additional cost seems quite a lot for this brand.

It's a very local brand.. Nothing special.

aw451 and misshappy26 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KEM.UK:
    Has anyone redeemed their stamps for German Pool products and think it's worth it? The additional cost seems quite a lot for this brand.
    Definitely late but I redeemed the german pool pressure cooker the first time around they had it (can't remember how long ago that was, maybe a year ago? Maybe more). And I use it all the time and it's been going well and no issues. I'd do it again, even for the extremely local brand ie rebranded 'generic' that German Pool does seem to be.

Conversely the little mini-oven I redeemed from Wellcome which seemed to be an actual real brand (?) shit the bed within 6 months (middle heat element stopped working). I still use it to warm up food but it no longer crisps things like it used to.

Original Post Deleted

you can set up a limited company in Germany, and then produce the goods in China and export to HK. It doesn't have to be actually 'made in Germany" but I think if it is. certain percentage of parts are from Germany, then you can say it is a german product as well. That is what I have been told by the people who are in the manufacturing biz..something along those lines.

But it is a local product and I have had one experience only. I would not get too excited over it in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by hkape1:
    Definitely late but I redeemed the german pool pressure cooker the first time around they had it (can't remember how long ago that was, maybe a year ago? Maybe more). And I use it all the time and it's been going well and no issues. I'd do it again, even for the extremely local brand ie rebranded 'generic' that German Pool does seem to be.

Conversely the little mini-oven I redeemed from Wellcome which seemed to be an actual real brand (?) shit the bed within 6 months (middle heat element stopped working). I still use it to warm up food but it no longer crisps things like it used to.
    We've still got our large German Pool pressure cooker, which we got via one of those Park N Shop redemption promo's, about 10 years ago. It's still going strong and hasn't exploded, yet lol