Like Tree8Likes

Cainiao only option for Taobao?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cainiao only option for Taobao?

I am making a Taobao order with consolidated shipping but the shipping options have changed. I usually used SF Express and the service has been good. Now the only option is Cainiao.
    Has anyone used them? Are they ok? Is there any way to get SF Express back?

Cainiao is Alibaba's own logistics platform. Afaik they aren't a courier service, just a back-end for parcel tracking and management. They'll probably ship with whatever is fastest.

I still use Topexpress. Working perfectly fine for me. SF can be very strict. Delivery below 1Kg is typically around rmb20 or so.

https://www.topexpress.hk

rani likes this.

I am trying to ship a replacement battery for my 2015 MacBook Air, but no one seems to want to ship direct to HK from TaoBao.

Does Topexpress ship batteries to HK?

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    I am trying to ship a replacement battery for my 2015 MacBook Air, but no one seems to want to ship direct to HK from TaoBao.

Does Topexpress ship batteries to HK?
    There is a restriction on batteries but not sure what the exact details are. Will send you their English Whatsapp. Send them the link to the product you want to buy and check if its ok.
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    There is a restriction on batteries but not sure what the exact details are.
    Googletranslated:

From now Shenzhen Bay Customs thorough investigation, like other customs area belonging to 9 Battery dangerous goods, a single battery charge is greater than 20 Wh , the battery pack is greater than 100Wh , It is judged as dangerous goods, if not, an identification report is required . Dangerous Goods must provide certification package and use of dangerous vehicle transport of dangerous goods, dangerous goods vehicles are not used to transport joint transport sector punish 8-20 million and no penalty enterprise risk card package Customs 10 million or less / single.
    Looks like 100Wh is the limit, few Macbooks get there. 2015 Air is more like around 60Wh.
    emx likes this.

In my shopping cart there is no other option for shipping aside from 2 versions of Cainiao.
    Is there a 'hidden' way to choose Topexpress? It sounds good.

Cainiao is fine. I almost always consolidate using them and parcel is generally ready to pick up in 1-3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    In my shopping cart there is no other option for shipping aside from 2 versions of Cainiao.
    Is there a 'hidden' way to choose Topexpress? It sounds good.
    @flameproof shared this a few years ago
    https://geoexpat.com/forum/32/thread357023.html
    emx likes this.

You can add other address to your account.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast