Like Tree14Likes

Rolex Wait List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by tothemoon:
    Appreciate the discussion here, even though I'm not a big of Rolex personally it's good to know about the current market practices and what to avoid.

Not too derail this thread but do most folks buy through AD or go with a grey market dealer (say for mid-tier brands, GS, Omega, etc)? It's a bit overwhelming with all the shops here in HK.
    if there are supply at AD, you generally can get some small discount (Depending on brands).. the ones that one has to go water shop are the hard to acquire watches.. Rolex diving watches, AP RO, etc..

There are quite a few "free" 2nd hand watch stores in Mongkok Fa Yuen St,/Dundas St. area (where all the R/C hobby shops where). Lots of Rolex there, but some other brands too.

As Freeier said, at ADs you might get a discount. GS and Omega are relatively flexible giving discounts. Depending on which model, you can get 15%.

I remember back in 2013-2014 Rolex was giving 5-10% discounts on Subs and GMTs. The discount for a Hulk was even higher, they barely could sell that model. Obviously this is not the case anymore...

I prefer to buy at ADs or Boutiques, main reason is for the warranty. Grey dealers also offer warranty, not sure how it works though.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    Sorry its not ZXX, its part of Dickson. The one at Airport is ZXX I think.

https://www.dicksonwatch.com/
    Thanks. I thought these were Rolex Boutiques...

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:

I prefer to buy at ADs or Boutiques, main reason is for the warranty. Grey dealers also offer warranty, not sure how it works though.
    Is the official Rolex 5yr warranty still valid if you buy fro grey market dealers.
    My biggest concern buying from grey market dealers is getting scammed with a fake or frankenstein watch, the fakes are so hard to spot these days.

As Freeier said, at ADs you might get a discount. GS and Omega are relatively flexible giving discounts. Depending on which model, you can get 15%.

(snip...)

Thanks, that's my line of thinking as well - the warranty plus I'm not knowledgeable enough to spot any fakes/modified parts that could come from buying thru a grey dealer.

Don’t worry too much about fakes. Some of the grey dealers in HK have an international reputation… I haven’t heard any stories selling fakes on the grey market.

I bought one watch from a grey dealer. It was a Panerai. Panerai is a soft brand, buying new didn’t make much sense… Don’t remember exactly but I think I saved around 35%.

Don’t worry too much about fakes. Some of the grey dealers in HK have an international reputation… I haven’t heard any stories selling fakes on the grey market.

I bought one watch from a grey dealer. It was a Panerai. Panerai is a soft brand, buying new didn’t make much sense… Don’t remember exactly but I think I saved around 35%.
    ya i think if you go to a decent 2nd hand shop they do honest business.. just very tiring (the haggling and stuffs) as every extra cent to them will be extra profit. They will pass you the original warranty card.. and i guess you can always claim at the service center that you received the watch from a friend as a gift and no reason they can reject you warranty.

I would think Panerai you can go dealer and probably get a 25 or 30% discount off for the new pieces. Even AP, outside of RO, i think you can get decent discount at the ADs.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5