• 2 Post By Baklava
  • 3 Post By rkenia852
  • 1 Post By Baklava
  • 1 Post By Plutark
  • 1 Post By shri

Cheap USED kid's books?

Closed Thread

Cheap USED kid's books?

I don't suppose any of you know anywhere to buy used kid's books in bulk?

I know there are 1000's of apartments chock full of books people don't need anymore but is there a central place to buy them without having to meet up with sellers on the MTR?

What do you mean by bulk? Container sized orders or shopping bag?

During covid times quite a few estate wide book swaps have been setup.. (amongst the not too paranoid residents..)

UniqueUserName likes this.

Go on the locals Facebook groups, I basically got a lot of them that. I also saw a cleaning lady that was about to throw a whole stack of them in the rubbish bin and managed to get it from here. It's incredible the amount of waste that goes here.

Lily Bookshop (formerly Flow Books) on Queen’s road central only sells second hand books.
    Stock varies but usually you can find all most popular children’s authors and series.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueUserName:
    I don't suppose any of you know anywhere to buy used kid's books in bulk?

I know there are 1000's of apartments chock full of books people don't need anymore but is there a central place to buy them without having to meet up with sellers on the MTR?
    Assuming you mean multiple books (and not multiple copies of the same book), I will double down on Rebooked!

• Website is mostly accessible and the catalogue is searchable
    • prices are very fair

• even better, visit their shop. Great for the kids and they also have book readings at times.

As an aside, I have been surprised about the breadth and depth of the catalogue of children’s books that I could access at the Hong Kong Public Libraries.

Also, books I can’t find locally I buy online on Better World Books.
    They have a good second hand selection (most of which are former library books).
    For every book you buy they donate one to communities in need, plus plant trees and fundraise for literacy programs, so even better.
    Shipping is with regular mail, free but slow.

https://www.betterworldbooks.com/

UniqueUserName and Elegiaque like this.