Like Tree6Likes

bed cover sheet made in Europe

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bed cover sheet made in Europe

Hi all,

Where can I shop for bed cover sheet made in Europe countries such as France, Italy, England etc,

Thanks

Regards

Just had a look at your post history, because the question was so odd.

Given how you've spent the past decade obsessing over the product countries of origin, and avoiding anything from China or Eastern Europe, shouldn't you already have a good idea of this by now, and know better than anyone else here?

Otherwise, walk into the most expensive department stores you can find and ask there. I wouldn't think that you'd find much in the way of British textiles though (does that industry even exist these days?)

How far back through the manfacturing process does you insistence on Europeanness stretch?

If it includes the fibres themselves, remember that no cotton or silk (afaik) is commercially produced in Europe - Irish (or French?) linen might be a possibility, British wool is still a thing, I believe, or whatever you want will need to be synthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    How far back through the manfacturing process does you insistence on Europeanness stretch?

If it includes the fibres themselves, remember that no cotton or silk (afaik) is commercially produced in Europe
    -snip-
    Raw cotton cloth are manufactured in Asia. But the further process in dyeing, printing, etc are conducted in Europe that makes the difference in quality completely from the cotton sheet produced in China.

Last year I bought the bed cover sheet including pillow cover, made in France, in Sogo Departmental Store. It is clearly labelled in the bed cover sheet and pillow cover, not with a paper label nor only indicated on the packing. Now I'm searching for whether there is any specialty shop selling bed cover sheet of high quality.

Of all the things to worry about, each to their own. I am just happy if mine are clean.

chingleutsch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Just had a look at your post history, because the question was so odd.

Given how you've spent the past decade obsessing over the product countries of origin, and avoiding anything from China or Eastern Europe, shouldn't you already have a good idea of this by now, and know better than anyone else here?

Otherwise, walk into the most expensive department stores you can find and ask there. I wouldn't think that you'd find much in the way of British textiles though (does that industry even exist these days?)
    Really interesting! Someone living in China intent on not buying Chinese when us folks living in the UK struggle to buy anything else!

We use Frette mostly, they are good but expensive. Perhaps you can get it cheaper if you call the store in Italy directly and order? I know they can ship to HK at least, we did that from the Milan store.

If you want a cheap option with decent quality I would recommend a friends brand Juniper who sells beddings online. Very good quality for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by satimis:
    Raw cotton cloth are manufactured in Asia. But the further process in dyeing, printing, etc are conducted in Europe that makes the difference in quality completely from the cotton sheet produced in China.

Last year I bought the bed cover sheet including pillow cover, made in France, in Sogo Departmental Store. It is clearly labelled in the bed cover sheet and pillow cover, not with a paper label nor only indicated on the packing. Now I'm searching for whether there is any specialty shop selling bed cover sheet of high quality.
    A "MADE IN" label does not means anything.... All raw materials or finished materials can all come from China or others parts of the world. But as long the final assembly is made in the country or even 1 or 2 last parts from the country are added to the assembly sent from China or others parts of the world then its authorized to add the label "MADE IN", unfortunately the law is like this in France.....
    chingleutsch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by etienne43:
    A "MADE IN" label does not means anything.... All raw materials or finished materials can all come from China or others parts of the world. But as long the final assembly is made in the country or even 1 or 2 last parts from the country are added to the assembly sent from China or others parts of the world then its authorized to add the label "MADE IN", unfortunately the law is like this in France.....
    Look at following International definition, how "Made In" applied;

1)
    Country of origin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_of_origin

2)
    Rules of origin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_origin

It happens the other way round in some places. Products completely made in China are further processed SOLELY attaching a libel made in other western countries.
    Last edited by satimis; 23-11-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satimis:
    Look at following International definition;
    1)
    Country of origin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_of_origin

2)
    Rules of origin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_origin

It happens the other way round in some places. Products made in China are further processed attaching a libel made in other western countries.
    Working in the technical field so know exactly about the standards and what are the rules about the "MADE IN"
    chuckster007 and jgl like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast