Like Tree11Likes

Yuu Points Redemption

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    I can't get the app as its only in the HK app store.
    Any other ways to access and use the points?
    You should be able to go to a 7-Eleven and use your Yuu points that are linked in your Octopus card to redeem for cash vouchers for Wellcome, Marketplace, Mannings, Ikea, etc.
    BCD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Trader:
    I think the $5 bonus is in the form of an e-coupon that must be used within 14 days of redeeming the points for the $50 e-voucher.
    No it's a straight off $55 voucher for the same number of points (10,000) as you'd ordinarily redeem for $50.

You're probably thinking of the Park'n'Shop nonsense recently where you get coupons and then another bonus coupon on top.

With basic Yuu points, effectively it's 0.5% cash back. It's not much, just like your standard credit card rebates (0.4%, 1%, 2% or whatever).

I can understand not bothering with any of it, but if you go for credit card cash back, then this is still another 0.5% and it does add up.

You're right there's no rush to redeem, although over the years I've not really noticed anything more worthwhile than the $55 Wellcome coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    No it's a straight off $55 voucher for the same number of points (10,000) as you'd ordinarily redeem for $50.
    You're right. The redemption page shows a $55 voucher for 10,000 points. But the advertisement fine print for this offer seems to indicate a bonus e-voucher for $5 that expires in 14 days.

Name:  IMG_5989.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  78.1 KB
    Last edited by Cash Trader; 08-06-2022 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Add image

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Trader:
    You're right. The redemption page shows a $55 voucher for 10,000 points. But the advertisement fine print for this offer seems to indicate a bonus e-voucher for $5 that expires in 14 days.
    Ah... probably just poorly worded. It wouldn't be HK if they couldn't make a simple thing complicated :-)

The entire voucher is an e-Voucher, and must be used within 14-days. It's $55 of credit and must be used all at once (no change given).
    HK_Katherine likes this.

I just redeemed one. Yes, the entire $55 voucher must be used within 14 days of points redemption. So the one I just redeemed is valid until 22 June.

Not such a good deal I'm afraid, considering the regular e-vouchers are valid for one year.

Typical Dairy Farm.

I see your point, yes.

In fact I have wasted one before - leaving it till too late and then encountering a system error at the casher which meant I had to try again the next day (and forgot about it).

That said, Wellcome is my local go-to and I'm there at least twice a week, so in my case 14 days is normally fine.

POS points system, got my fill of rubbish knives, cutting boards, and fry pans from the stickers.

Only reason I used the money back system is instant discounted prices, but their points system is also crap, get 2/10 of a % cash back.

Need to get a tshirt made to point to at checkout MO-YUU ah!

Not only is it a slight nuisance having to wave off cashiers repeatedly asking, but it becomes majorly annoying in residential neighbourhoods with other people fumbling around to get their code and creating further delays.

People must not value their time very much if they don’t see the systemic downsides to what is “free”.

blandy62 and HK_Katherine like this.

Sounds like #18 and #19 comments should be combined to:

"make t-shirt with Yuu QR code printed on it"

Both problems solved!

So having worked on this loyalty programme for about 3 years before it came into being, let’s just say I think it could have been a lot better designed (I tried)

Anyway best deals for me that I’ve found for points redemption are
    - KFC Egg Tart redemption (400 points. No other purchase needed)
    - KFC Criss cut fries (600 points)
    - Wellcome and IKEA bonus vouchers - these come about occasionally and are usually short promotions