Like Tree10Likes

Electric kettle - any recommendations?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Electric kettle - any recommendations?

I’m in the market for an electric kettle. My electric kettle - a Cuisinart 1.7 Liter bought from Sogo - suddenly refuses to turn on. Had it for less than four years, so not impressed with its durability.

Any recommendations for a good brand and/or model of electric kettle that’s worked well for you?

No need for fancy functions (just need it to boil water and shut itself off - don’t even need it to keep warm at particular temps), should be built to last and relatively easy to clean, a plus would be less plastic parts.

Do you need it to be transparent? We had a whole thread about it a number of years back.

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Do you need it to be transparent? We had a whole thread about it a number of years back.
    No need for it to be transparent. I did look through that thread from 2014 but there wasn't much there in terms of recommendations. I’ve had a Philips kettle (mentioned in the thread) but not a Breville (also mentioned in the thread). I’m looking to buy it locally and not off Amazon US (given the voltage requirements), or from Europe.

Red face

Go to Japan Home Centre, below is their web page and find the store closest to you.
    Pick one kettle and pay.... I bought two kettles and they are still running. They were Tefal and Phillips.
    I liked the Phillips better because it showed the water level, easier to control how much water. On the other hand, the Tefal one boiled faster.

Ah nearly forgot.... both brands have choice of plastic or metal. You pick the one that suits you.
    And choose the bigger shops of Japan Home Centre, the bigger they are , the more choices.

Donot hope for too much.... all electric stuff now has 3 years shelf life (! )

Japan Home Centre
    https://www.jhceshop.com/en/Home/footer1?foot=INF0004

Last edited by LifeInHK; 21-06-2022 at 02:11 PM.
    shri and Cash Trader like this.

Avoid those that are made of Plastic like the Tefal, from beginning till i dispose of it, the plastic taste didn't go away.
    even those that are stainless but are wrap around heat resistant plastic sometime have some odor
    get those glass or pure stainless ones if those are ok with you

Cash Trader likes this.

We have a Tefal kettle that is insulated with a metal interior (there is no plastic at all inside). We've had it... I dunno, 5 years? Well, since the glass kettle thread. Definitely has been a good one for us. It's good the water stays warm and I was able to remove any little plastic filter at the nozzle. Think we bought it at WingOn. We actually are leaving it behind, but I live in the middle of the woods, so no good for handing things over!

Cash Trader likes this.

If you use a fair bit of hot water for tea etc, those hot water dispensers are pretty good, and the newer ones have power saving facilities.

Cash Trader likes this.

How did I miss an entire thread about electric kettles?

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    How did I miss an entire thread about electric kettles?
    Glass kettles
    jgl likes this.

Wow. Found it. 12 pages!

https://geoexpat.com/forum/32/thread286838.html

Great entertainment.

shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast