Second hand watches and jewellery

Closed Thread

Second hand watches and jewellery

Hi there

I am interested in buying a secondhand Omega watch as well as womens jewellery.

Does anyone know of any reputable places?

Thank you

Check the Ho Kin Shopping Center in Mongkok, MANY watch stores in that area. Caroussell has a lot, and of course the 2nd hand section of DCFever

https://www.dcfever.com/trading/sear...=search_action

Thank you I will go and see!

are they all legit?

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Check the Ho Kin Shopping Center in Mongkok, MANY watch stores in that area. Caroussell has a lot, and of course the 2nd hand section of DCFever

https://www.dcfever.com/trading/sear...=search_action

Kenwatches is a good one.

Far end of Dundas Street towards Waterloo Road has many second hand watch shops. On the Island Causeway Bay Plaza 1 has a few sellers on all floors (I've bought from there a few times). There is also Ken Watches in Wan Cai and under Phoenix Apartments in Causeway Bay, also under there in Apple mall there is a seller. TSE Collections under the bridge in Causeway Bay has a large selection as well as Jewellery.
    Most watch sellers are reputable. Always bargain at least 10% minimum off the price except for Rolex.
    What model Omega are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    are they all legit?
    Define legit.

They come usually with papers. I am not the deep watch expert, I would not worry about counterfeits, but maybe some repairs where they changed parts. Even when the parts are original Rolex, the watch is not original condition and that will reduce the price.

I wouldn't mind a Spring-Drive Seiko

Like the Rolex Air-King design too, the colorful model. I think 2 years back they where around 45,000 now more like 70,000

I guess if you don't go for any of the rolex models or the super high end models there, then likelihood of a fake is much lessor..
    Have seen some amazingly well made fakes on youtube videos of the rolexes...

For Rolex and Panerai there are fakes which are really hard to distinguish. In case of Panerai even the movements look and operate very very close. For the other brands - it's ok, I think.

Thanks everyone ! Good input all around !