Like Tree25Likes

Cashless Hong Kong?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Negative interest rates partly fail for regular people due to cash. With a cashless society the central bank possibilities are endless

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Card is hugely faster. Doddery old duffers can be slow at counting out their coins or messing around with their smartphones. But for vast majority, NFC payments are an order of magnitude faster than cash. One second instead of ten seconds.
    Worth noticing tho that the payment is not done when you tap... almost all tx nowadays (applepay ones for sure) are online, which means the terminal ask your bank for authorisation (I'm simplifying..this is the TL;DR version)

Tx is completed only when the pos terminal prints out the receipt. it takes few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    Worth noticing tho that the payment is not done when you tap... almost all tx nowadays (applepay ones for sure) are online, which means the terminal ask your bank for authorisation (I'm simplifying..this is the TL;DR version)

Tx is completed only when the pos terminal prints out the receipt. it takes few seconds.
    Receipt? Paper receipt? I have not seen one of those in forever. Still used in Hong Kong?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4