Like Tree2Likes

Recommended light washing machine with dryer function

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recommended light washing machine with dryer function

Please recomnend a brand and model of a light to carry washing machine with drier function and where to buy it. Thank you

"light to carry" is.... not a normal feature for a washing machine.

These things are probably like many other machines where good is correlated with heavy.

Hi,

In case you already have a washer, I can recommend this extremely light air dryer. I hauled it up 4 flights of stairs by myself, had it on my roof. Prior to that I had a different one (same brand, a few years earlier) that I used as an end table (not sure that is still possible, they seem to have made it a bit higher in this version). Had a lamp on it. Let it heat the flat during the winter, ran the hose out the patio door in the summer (there is a front-attaching vent hose that you can run out the window or door should you choose).

20kg so can move it anywhere, easily. Only does 4kg of laundry at a time but since it is air drying, only takes about 40 minutes, clothes come out mostly wrinkle-free.

https://www.fortress.com.hk/en/produ.../p/BP_12107921

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Hi,

In case you already have a washer, I can recommend this extremely light air dryer. I hauled it up 4 flights of stairs by myself, had it on my roof. Prior to that I had a different one (same brand, a few years earlier) that I used as an end table (not sure that is still possible, they seem to have made it a bit higher in this version). Had a lamp on it. Let it heat the flat during the winter, ran the hose out the patio door in the summer (there is a front-attaching vent hose that you can run out the window or door should you choose).

20kg so can move it anywhere, easily. Only does 4kg of laundry at a time but since it is air drying, only takes about 40 minutes, clothes come out mostly wrinkle-free.

https://www.fortress.com.hk/en/produ.../p/BP_12107921
    Thanks. I prefer a combined washer and dryer because of limited space. Would it be hard to dry my clothes this coming winter if i only got a washer and hang them in the roof deck right?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    "light to carry" is.... not a normal feature for a washing machine.

These things are probably like many other machines where good is correlated with heavy.
    I am only seeing 3kg washer only (xiaomi, midea) which is around 20kgs.

Would it be hard to dry my clothes this coming winter if i only got a washer and hang them in the roof deck right?

Winter is less humid, clothes dry better. I dried my clothes on the line until mostly dry, then tossed them in the dryer for that little bit that didn't completely dry as I am a bit fussy if they are the least bit damp.

Do you have a covered area with electric on the roof? I was lucky that I did, put the dryer up there.

Another thing I did before the dryer and a different flat was to use the bathroom- I had a small space heater, cranked it on high, ran the bathroom fan, used the shower rod to hold the clothes on hangers- dried in two hours or so...

I always dry my clothes outside on the covered balcony. Never takes more than a day to dry

Quote Originally Posted by djtron99:
    Please recomnend a brand and model of a light to carry washing machine with drier function and where to buy it. Thank you
    A combined washer/dryer will be minimum 65kg. So not light.

I have an LG and it is absolutely disastrous. They forgot to put a lint filter in it, with the result that lint builds up in every internal crevasse inside the machine and it has to be pulled apart every few years to get rid of all the build-up! When they started to get too many calls on this problem, instead of admitting their mistake and doing a recall, LG discontinued their support!

I'll never buy another LG product.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    I always dry my clothes outside on the covered balcony. Never takes more than a day to dry
    Including during winter?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast