Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By David4Maths
  • 3 Post By shri

Shopping for mixed spice

Closed Thread

Shopping for mixed spice

The rarest thing to find in HK is Mixed Spice, not 5 spice which is a different mix and on the sour spectrum. Mixed is on the sweet side.

Anyway over the years I have travelleled all over HK and never got it reliably. HOWEVER .... discovered a Spice company in Tsuen Wan, online, who make an Xmas mixed spice and seem to do all the spices for any occasion.

Now, Geoexpat usually block it if you mention the name of the company so Google Tsuen Wan Spices and you should get it.
    Ordered Thursday night and arrived this morning by courier and if I had ordered 100hkd worth the delivery would be free instead of the 20 bucks. Oh and they do 5gm sample sizes which is great for me as a cake will only normally take about half that.

The price for a 40 gram jar was what you would pay in a supermarket.

So great product, great service. Refreshing to have this and ready to bake my Xmas cakes.

jimbo_jones and HK_Katherine like this.

You mean Regency Spices? Shit tons of folks from here have recommended and bought from them including us.

https://regencyspices.hk/

aw451, Sith and rainylin like this.

Glad they have. BUT ... never seen and probably wasn't looking.

Exceptional company.

Well I loaded up at Chungking Mansions today. Admittedly not mixed spice but lamb was among the fare in the shopping basket.

Great link thanks. Hunted high and low for Mixed Spice last year for my Christmas cakes.

whats the closest thing to a 65 for gobi 65?