• 1 Post By mpbk
  • 1 Post By PKS_2000
  • 2 Post By Cancellara
  • 1 Post By Editor
  • 1 Post By emx

Consumption Voucher Question

Closed Thread

Consumption Voucher Question

My old consumption voucher on my HSBC PayMe app is about to expire. I will not return to HK in time to use it before it does. Can I buy something online at the Apple Store in HK (maybe for collection when I do make it back in May) using my consumption voucher via PayMe whilst I am still overseas? If not, is there any other way I can use it whilst still overseas, or will it just (sadly) expire unused?
    Thanks.

Buy vouchers from Fortress.
    Only good for shopping online (not at their physical stores).

Zapa likes this.

I am not sure fortress uses payme. IKEA, Marketplace and Jardine group is using Payme.

Zapa likes this.

Allow me to provide a perfectly legal suggestion, though it's ethical grounds may be questioned.

Download the Trip.com app, book any flight or hotel you may like (anywhere in the world) and then pay using PayMe.

Already did it successfully, twice.

Beneficiaries are nowhere in or near HK.

Zapa and rainylin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PKS_2000:
    I am not sure fortress uses payme. IKEA, Marketplace and Jardine group is using Payme.
    I just checked. Fortress does accept Payme, but the evouchers can only be purchased with Octopus or Alipay.
    The advantage of evouchers is that there is no shipping involved and they are valid for 1 year. If you buy something from IKEA, for example, you'd need to have a HK address for delivery.

Different question. I have octopus on my phone, got the consumption voucher but have no intention of coming to HK. Anyway to use remotely?

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Different question. I have octopus on my phone, got the consumption voucher but have no intention of coming to HK. Anyway to use remotely?
    Buy something from HKTV Mall online, they ship direct to the UK.
    Zapa likes this.

Buy food staples from HKTV mall and ship to Refugee Union

Mrs. Jones likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Buy something from HKTV Mall online, they ship direct to the UK.
    Great suggestion, thanks. Maybe the best option so far for me for the latest voucher expiring next Feb ... thank you @emx ...

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Mobile phone payments - that's what I did. Or buy things online on HK websites and get someone to post to you.