Like Tree39Likes

USelect Closing Branches

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Happy valley still has three

In Kennedy Town, the U Select only opened recently and never seemed to have captured the market share of the existing supermarkets.

The switch to Coles was definitely not welcome by me either; the British brands are more familiar even as someone who is not British.

BCD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    USelect is Vanguard rebranded.. isn't it? Or did China resources sell vanguard to another owner?
    I think Vanguard is a brand of China Resources.

From what I recall they had decided a rebrand to U Select as part of their agreement with Tesco.
    shri likes this.

It's a shame, I used to go in there for their steak & kidney pies & pasties. But many of the boxes they seem broken & taped up. But it is crazy how many stores they had in certain locations and none in others

Used to be a fan of their cereals and frozen selection when it stocked Tesco items.

Never touched the 'fresh' section. Always thought the quality was poor.

BCD likes this.

Went to the Granville Rd, TST store last night and the shelves were mostly empty and parts of the store we were boarded up, so looks like another one is about to close

The one North part of Kowloon Tong closed too, which is not surprising as there is a Welcome in the same plaza and the products they carried do not really differentiate that much. In the summer, it did not turn on the AC which not sure was broken or trying to save operating costs.

newhkpr likes this.

They closed down their Stanley location 2-3 weeks ago.

newhkpr likes this.

It’s a shame as they offer a lot of imported items at good prices.

newhkpr and hin23leung like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_van_damn:
    It’s a shame as they offer a lot of imported items at good prices.
    The "good prices" are probably the reason why they're unable to stay in business. Things have quickly gone to the shitter in HK.
    newhkpr likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast