Like Tree47Likes

USelect Closing Branches

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Hunter:
    M&S have been expanding their range of gluten-free products.
    Interesting. I feel like they have reduced it. I remember during the COVID times, I could easily find a lot of frozen breaded items like hamburger buns, hot dog buns, bagels, etc. Also, I find M&S and CitySuper prices quite high, especially for GF products compared to USelect.

Their store in Central has a range of fresh products instead of frozen items.

The one in Kennedy Town has closed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRotavator:
    The other one is also closing in the next few weeks.
    That bad. I often went there, especially before they switched to Morrison's goods. I think it is the only place which is selling a decent black bread

What's happening to Hong Kong? All the things that made me come here are disappearing.

TheDevil_666 and newhkpr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    What's happening to Hong Kong? All the things that made me come here are disappearing.
    Same here. Theres more availability of goods and services on the Mainland than in HK at the moment.
    BCD and Grinnie Jax like this.

two stores have closed near me in the last few months including one at the junction of Tai Po Road and Boundary St. I used to go when the Tesco stuff was reasonably priced (e.g cheesecake was $35, muesli was $25) but the prices went up quite quickly to almost double what they were. I still sometimes go to the one nr Sham Shui Po MTR but only buy if they have a discount going on.

Less Expats. Less business.

At my local one, you don't exactly see locals pop in for premium olives, bit of smoked salmon, cream cheese, and a nice bottle of Chablis.

Sad.. we've still City Super!

newhkpr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Less Expats. Less business.

At my local one, you don't exactly see locals pop in for premium olives, bit of smoked salmon, cream cheese, and a nice bottle of Chablis.

Sad.. we've still City Super!
    But but but our 'global' talents from the north will all buy expensive things, no?
    Zelensky2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil_666:
    Same here. Theres more availability of goods and services on the Mainland than in HK at the moment.
    I moved from Shenzhen to Hong Kong in 2020 because of the availability of goods and services for expats, and today, it's vice versa - I go to Shenzhen for goods and services.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast