Like Tree47Likes

USelect Closing Branches

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Sad.. we've still City Super!
    harbour city, city super deli is closing thou

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    What's happening to Hong Kong? All the things that made me come here are disappearing.
    Uselect was a determining factor why you are in Hong Kong! Where did you come from
    newhkpr, paddylast and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    harbour city, city super deli is closing thou
    What isn't closing in the New HK?

I'm interested to know the services available in Shenzhen that are not available here. I think the reason people are going there is price, not because of unavailability.

newhkpr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    Uselect was a determining factor why you are in Hong Kong! Where did you come from
    Not only U-Select - the convenience of buying what I want just near my home

Quote Originally Posted by paddylast:
    I'm interested to know the services available in Shenzhen that are not available here. I think the reason people are going there is price, not because of unavailability.
    Come on - there are more consumer brands presented in Shenzhen, clothes for instance, than in HK. Retail shops are mass leaving HK. More food chains. More consumer electronics choices (now). Of course there are still some aspects where HK offers more than Shenzhen, but this rapidly gets "fixed".

Might just be as simple as that they couldn't go for 3 years and it's a novelty thing now. Don't see it lasting. Hong Kong is fickle!
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    Come on - there are more consumer brands presented in Shenzhen, clothes for instance, than in HK. Retail shops are mass leaving HK. More food chains. More consumer electronics choices (now). Of course there are still some aspects where HK offers more than Shenzhen, but this rapidly gets "fixed".
    It has been a few years since I've been there, but I have heard that a number of the most popular foreign owned supermarkets in the mainland have left/are leaving/have been told to leave. Auchan and Lotte Mart are the two I remember most vividly.

On clothes brands you are probably right. There are lots of nice outlet villages in the mainland with great choice, although the tax on those imports would be very high back in the day.

But regarding services, I'm not sure what that refers to?

Quote Originally Posted by newhkpr:
    What isn't closing in the New HK?
    Deals
    newhkpr likes this.

It has been a few years since I've been there, but I have heard that a number of the most popular foreign owned supermarkets in the mainland have left/are leaving/have been told to leave. Auchan and Lotte Mart are the two I remember most vividly.

On clothes brands you are probably right. There are lots of nice outlet villages in the mainland with great choice, although the tax on those imports would be very high back in the day.

But regarding services, I'm not sure what that refers to?
    Happy endings. PRC is far ahead in happy endings.

Painfully short of happy-ever-after’s however.
    newhkpr likes this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast