Like Tree15Likes

AliExpress Ship to HK via Singapore?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by nathanroad:
    ^ Because it's security feature is asking to take a selfie and I doubt I look like the previous owner.
    Did the previous owner take a selfie?

^ I presume so...or how else will the app know if I look like the person who registered the phone number?

^ I presume so...or how else will the app know if I look like the person who registered the phone number?
    Try via the desktop, as you could use TaoBao without having to take a selfie up to a certain amount, if you wanted to raise the spending limit, then you needed to take a selfie etc. (it was certainly like this when I first started using it)
    shri likes this.

^ Because it's security feature is asking to take a selfie and I doubt I look like the previous owner.
    There is not much you can lose trying it, right? And if there is doubt, you are the one with the working phone number in hand...

Quote Originally Posted by reddbod:
    Most stuff you see on aliexpress are from the same sellers on taobao anyway
    You are right about the products, seller is often not same. Sometime I see products on AliEx that I can't find on Taobao - in most cases a Taobao photo search will bring results.
    jayinhongkong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by reddbod:
    I made a mistake using aliexpress a long time ago. This is before I found out and familiarised myself with taobao. It took more than a month for my order to arrive. To a point I forgotten about it. Familiarise yourself with taobao. A lot quicker and a lot cheaper. Most stuff you see on aliexpress are from the same sellers on taobao anyway
    ..and if you like your cart to fill even more without breaking the bank try the pindoudou app https://en.pinduoduo.com/
    or the 1688 app https://alibaba.cn/
    reddbod and jayinhongkong like this.

Just for the record, in case others are in my situation...

Earlier, I said I was unable to register with Taobao with my Hong Kong phone number because that number was already used to register other Taobao accounts. Taobao said I had to do a selfie and upload docs on their app. Forget it. The app is entirely in Chinese so I know it's easy to screw up.

What I did was, I used a Philippine phone number which I have since I travel there frequently. Then, on Taobao's website, I changed the phone number from the Philippine number to my Hong Kong number. It worked. But you have to wait (I believe) 72 hours after opening your Taobao account to change the phone number.

shri likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2