Like Tree27Likes

Cooking Pan Brands Which Don't BEND

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Don't leave empty pan/pot on hot surface
    This is what kills most non-stick pans after a while - overheating. Best method is to check for the Leidenfrost temperature of you induction (or whatever). This in a drop of water forms a ball (one ball and not 100), and dances in the pan. That is about 190°C or so - hot enough for everything.

Note that as the absolut max temp setting you will every use for that pan - and your pan will last years.
    shri likes this.

Oh by the way, that brief period we had a cast iron, it was briefly left on our induction stove top (cheaper Chinese one) and it left a permant mark. Thankfully our landlord never noticed. Do be careful.

Crankshaft likes this.

On the induction stain topic - I have noticed when I deep fry fries then there is almost always a stain left on the cooktop afterwards which takes some effort to clean off. This almost only happens when deep frying.

Was wondering what the logic behind this is. To be honest I think I did read in the manufacture's booklet long ago that deep frying is not recommended...

Does not explain the stain though imo. I use the same pot for cooking other stuff and it very rarely leaves stains then.

Caste iron weights a ton;
    SS are generally more expensive, food will stick;
    Coated are generally cheaper than SS, but coating will wear out over time.
    Go to SOGO depart store, see which make and brand is best for your needs and budget.
    Make sure you tell the sells you are cooking with gas, electric or induction, put in oven and how will be cleaned.

Elegiaque likes this.

i love my circulon pots and pans.

Crankshaft likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moctapxe:
    Caste iron weights a ton;
    SS are generally more expensive, food will stick;
    Coated are generally cheaper than SS, but coating will wear out over time.
    Go to SOGO depart store, see which make and brand is best for your needs and budget.
    Make sure you tell the sells you are cooking with gas, electric or induction, put in oven and how will be cleaned.
    I have a cast iron pan for grilling steaks and yes not keen on SS pans which will stick. Would have to be a non-stick aurface.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2