Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By redslert
  • 2 Post By redslert

Taobao - how does CaiNiao delivery to HK works?

Taobao - how does CaiNiao delivery to HK works?

I need something kinda urgently and opted for the ¥23 CaiNiao option delivered to my office.

Does it actually gets delivered or you need to pick it up? And when and how you pay? I only paid for the item. You need a CaiNiao account?

Little update: I did a major error "consolidation" rather then "direct delivery". So I cancelled the order (money went straight back to my HK bank via AliPay, so that worked). Then placed the order again with the direct ship option. Now the shipping price (RMB 17.50) was straight there and I could pay right away.

I still don't know if this will be final (sounds a bit cheap). Will update....

(my last Topexpress delivery got stuck in customs, now there for 4 days or so)

I haven't ordered in a long time, but there used to be a $20 flat rate that you needed to give to the delivery guy upon delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by rainylin:
    I haven't ordered in a long time, but there used to be a $20 flat rate that you needed to give to the delivery guy upon delivery.
    CiaNiao no longer have residental surcharge on any deliveries.
    You pay upfront within Taobao for direct or pay when consolidating.
    Everything have been slightly streamlined.
    emx, shri and rainylin like this.

Also there's a CaiNiao international App which has English and links with Taobao... make life slightly easier.
    But annoying now with more Apps...
    CaiNiao is slowly separating itself from Taobao and supporting multiple online platforms... eventually IPO.
    Would make international shopping-shipping from China almost seamless because Alibaba have been building consolidation warehouses in multiple countries already.

shri and rainylin like this.