Christmas present for hubbie?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wii is a Nintendo games console, akin to an Xbox or Sony Play Station 3

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    Thanks Limepickle. I read your post and gave HMV causeway bay a call. (they are closer to me). They have a few in stock so now have to decide between the wii (which i would secretly like too and the remote control car....
    If it was for me it would be the car every time - spesh if he's said before how he'd love to get one - if he's anything like me he'll probably never buy one for himself. I suppose you have to consider how much use he'd get out of it though - is there anywhere he can race or any friends who also have one.

Moving, that is the funniest question I've heard in a long time

Well at least you now know that it's not just pregnancy that makes people dumb... but i had been wondering for a while as I'd seen it used in threads before!

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle:
    If it was for me it would be the car every time - spesh if he's said before how he'd love to get one - if he's anything like me he'll probably never buy one for himself. I suppose you have to consider how much use he'd get out of it though - is there anywhere he can race or any friends who also have one.
    I dunno how much they are, but buying two might make sense then you (or your kids) could help in the races!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Wii is a Nintendo games console, akin to an Xbox or Sony Play Station 3
    A side note: It might also be worth considering if you want to get a console that can run (original) games that you buy or get sent, e.g. as gifts, from other countries or "regions".

Friends who bought an Xbox and a Wii from HK (Wanchai/Mongkok), then after a year moved back to the UK, found that UK-purchased games could not play on their consoles. Thus, our scouting around and posting 'em the latest releases from HK

But if you're staying long-time, this side of the world - no worries.

Thanks Emmie. I ended up getting him the US version so might get some friends to bring back some games with them from their trips home.

Limepickle thanks for your help today. I'm going to do the remote control car for his birthday in a few months. It's a great idea and one that will go down a treat. He doesn't have friends here that go off and play with their cars (unless they're closet remote control car fiends) but he'll have plenty of fun with our little boys.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    Thanks Emmie. I ended up getting him the US version so might get some friends to bring back some games with them from their trips home.

Limepickle thanks for your help today. I'm going to do the remote control car for his birthday in a few months. It's a great idea and one that will go down a treat. He doesn't have friends here that go off and play with their cars (unless they're closet remote control car fiends) but he'll have plenty of fun with our little boys.
    Cool, maybe if I drop enough hints to my wife I'll be able to go racing with him!

go down the ShamShuiPo and they can modify it to play any game in any region, real or fake. :3

i couldn't think of anything to get my boyfriend so i'm considering getting an NDS, so we're thinking along the same lines!