Indian tea

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

is the coffee with chicory a powder mix with hot water like instant coffee?

just interested as there is a delicious coffee with chicory essense syrup in Australia which is often mixed with milk- but now i am weight watching i have had to give it up

an instant powder or even brew type would be a nice change -

what do i ask for in the indian provisions store ?

Hehe, thanks for all the tips, will keep looking for Indian tea.. and endive coffee as well... as it seems to be popular

in the meantime, found this site:

www.chai-box.com...

waiting for a delivery from them... see how good their tea is...

Thanks all

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash2Dust:
    Hehe, thanks for all the tips, will keep looking for Indian tea.. and endive coffee as well... as it seems to be popular

in the meantime, found this site:

www.chai-box.com...

waiting for a delivery from them... see how good their tea is...

Thanks all
    How does it work? There are no product specifics on their site. What, they send you a price list and you order? What items of tea do they carry and what kinds of prices? Tell us how it turns out. Good luck.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I came across the Darjeeling tea in a brocade bag[chai box.com] in India, seems to be a popular gift for visitors, along with spiced fruit conserves .
    However I did get an interesting tea with chocolate. You don´t need to drink this, just a spoonful in a teapot will give the whole room a chocolaty aura.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    is the coffee with chicory a powder mix with hot water like instant coffee?

just interested as there is a delicious coffee with chicory essense syrup in Australia which is often mixed with milk- but now i am weight watching i have had to give it up

an instant powder or even brew type would be a nice change -

what do i ask for in the indian provisions store ?
    Ask if they keep any South Indian filter coffee powder. No guarantees. Better do a google search first on exactly those words to see if the coffee is in tune with your expectations (no syrup here).

Hi HKFella,

basically you go to the Chinese Products or Indian Products link. and there you can drill down to their products... interesting stuff.. not too pricey... they do not sell "just tea" it seems to come in either pouches or boxes.

will let you know how the tea and packaging is...

thanks HK fella interesting -got the wikpedia article re sth indian coffee

might give it a try sans the sugar which i managed to give up a couple of years ago

need to see the grind though to see if it will be ok in a french press otherwise looks like a lot of rigamarole to go through with the trad filter (similar to the Vietnamese type coffee filter)