Looking for the best boutiques out there!!

Closed Thread

Looking for the best boutiques out there!!

Not a fan of big brands myself. Firstly is because anyone can buy it. Secondly it is because the clothing are too typical and mainstream. I love walking those little boutique shops and I think they are quite powerful because there is a better range of clothing and not everyone can buy the same thing. Less chance of bumping into someone with the same top. So any boutiques you guys want to share with me??

Me first.

I usually go to one in Yuen Long. Sells really cool korean/Jap modern clothing.Usually depending on which boss is here he will give you a decent discount without asking. Because I am a regular there last time I bought around $750(already discounted) worth of goods. I want a VIP card from that shop but too bad they dont have one. Sorry I forgot the name but I will find it out for you guys!!

me too! i hardly ever buy brands and not the mainstream ones like giordano, h&m etc etc. cos as you said, i dont wanna jus look like everyone else, and in the boutiques, you can probably buy something which looks nicer and is cheaper too!

my favourite place is mongkok. there are so many small cramped shopping centres full of small boutiques which sell cool, original clothes. probably more young hk (and japanese) style but still... its all about the coordination

for ladies i think Mongkok center and Island Beverley in cwb are best. for guys, theres Causeway Place in cwb, and i personally love Hollywood Shopping Centre in MK. so many great jeans, shoes, shirts etc etc for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    me too! i hardly ever buy brands and not the mainstream ones like giordano, h&m etc etc. cos as you said, i dont wanna jus look like everyone else, and in the boutiques, you can probably buy something which looks nicer and is cheaper too!

my favourite place is mongkok. there are so many small cramped shopping centres full of small boutiques which sell cool, original clothes. probably more young hk (and japanese) style but still... its all about the coordination

for ladies i think Mongkok center and Island Beverley in cwb are best. for guys, theres Causeway Place in cwb, and i personally love Hollywood Shopping Centre in MK. so many great jeans, shoes, shirts etc etc for a good price.
    Yes Yes MK is good I think I know where your talking about when you said "young hk(and japanese) style"..I like MK too..the price is reasonable. I really don't like buying brands because in the end you see a tag which says "made in china"(not all just some). And I know you are buying the brand not the good design or because it is very durable etc...Also another thing peoples buy it because it is in fashion right now..thats about it...

another great place is Ladies Market in MK

sounds strange but they seem to copy watever is in style and sell loads of them, with more varieties and at a much lower price (especially hats and shoes).

its very good for "experimental" clothing i.e. clothes which you see and you think are stylish, but if you buy the real/good quality one would be very expensive and you don't know whether it will actually look that good on you and if you will end up wearing it alot of times.

Sham Shui Po is always good for the non-label clothes, you do have to really search for the jems though, there are similar wholesale/second-hand feel sort of shops along the sides of Ladies Market behind the street stalls. Yau Ma Tei/Jordan is also good, around the corners of the night market they've got a bunch of clothes shop where i'm assuming the stock 'fell off the back of a truck'.

to be honest i like getting clothes in H&M purely because they have sizes. MK and one-offs are fantastic but you'll only be able to pull off the majority of what they're offering if you're built like a chopstick.

Hey all thanks for the tips! I'm also usually up for unique boutique styles, as ainstream brand names are often too generic and overpriced!

I have follow-up questions about these places that you guys mentioned above (Yuen Long, Mongkok center, Island Beverley, etc.):

1) Do they have a fitting room? I don't like to buy clothes if I can't try them on beforehand.

2) What's the price range like? Perhaps you can give me an idea of how much a dress, trendy top and skirt cost?

Thanks so much!!

Where is the yuen long one located? you cant just say yuen long..there are so many shops here maybe you could be a bit more specific and link the address or directions to it

My favourite place? TDC Design Gallery @ HK Convention and Exhibition Centre in Wanchai.