A good Credit Card

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A good Credit Card

Dear expats,

Which credit card(s) are you using and why? what are the spending privileges/rewards on those cards?

Which one would you recommend for someone who likes dining out? or for shopping clothes/food? or for electronics?

We've had this discussion many times in the variouis threads in the "Business and Finance" forum, most recently:
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread28477.html
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread39571.html

If you can read chinese, there is a local website which consolidates all available cards with their privilege/discount/gifts info. Do a search under the name hong kong cards in Google and you will find it coz I do not want to post a direct link in here.

apparently american express is currently offering almost all platinum charge card holders (in HK) an invitation to their centurion card.

Quote Originally Posted by thundacatchergo:
    apparently american express is currently offering almost all platinum charge card holders (in HK) an invitation to their centurion card.
    Really? Does it give any real benefits over platinum? The travel service is the same (they often send emails from centurion).

quick answer is no.

as far as i can see, you get year round access to china club, kee club, cipirani and few other clubs that i dont know of. oh, and something about back stage pass for F1.

Thumbs down

Well, considering the annual fee charged by AE for the Centurion......

Quote Originally Posted by thundacatchergo:
    They have a big deal going with Cathay Pacific, however both Amex and Diners Club are the worst cards to have unless you don't care about money as they charge shops the highest rates per transaction.

Why should it bother me how much the shops are charged? Either places take Amex or they don't. I have never been quoted a different price to buy with Amex vs the price to buy with Visa or Mastercard.

A lot of shops in HK offer different discounts depending on the card, most places simply don't accept Amex.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast