Soymilk

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soymilk

Where can I find the biggest selection of soymilk? I tried pretty much all brands of soymilk available at my local Taste supermarket... not happy with any of them. I'm looking for Light soy, slightly sweetened. Perhaps So Good Lite? I only found So Good Regular. And I don't like the Chinese soymilk...

Have you tried ThreeSixty? They seem to have a huge range including some organic ones. Elements and landmark building.

i can second the suggestion of going to threesixty. went on sunday and had to spend 10 minutes choosing soy milk there are so many varieties!

Japanese Soy milk?

I buy Japanese soy milk (45% calories less than regular) at Taste. It is not that sweet.

Also, there is another kind of Soy milk from Canada. I can not remember the name, but the package size is the same as So Good. They have both English and Chinese. One of my friends buy both sweeten and unsweeten to mix them together.

Thanks! I will definitely check out threeSixty.

Ahrens: I love the Japanese soymilk I get in Melb called Bonsoy, so I'd be interested in trying the Japanese ones here. The one I found at Taste look pretty sweet.... do you get yours from the longlife section or in the fresh diary section?
    I have tried the Canadian soymilk with English and Chinese printed on the carton. Actually I think there are two versions - one taste exactly like Chinese soymilk and the other one is okay, I think, but still looking for something lighter.

Japanese Soy Milk

I get Japanese soy milk from the diary section at the very right bottom. One is regular. The other one says 45% cut calories or something. Green and white package. Sorry I don't remember the name of the company. It is usually around HK$20.

I hope you are talking about Taste at Kowloong Tong.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I find this japanese versus Chinese fascinating, but surely buying packaged soya milk ie packed with preservatives defeats the purpose does it not?
    I get mine from a couple of local shops who make their own and from City Super which have a local brand disgised as Japanese.
    Both are made to last about 20 hours in the fridge.
    A friend makes her own and its so simple that I am tempted to get a machine too.
    Absolute quality control.
    Next step homemade tofu!

Defeats what purpose? I drink soy simply because I like the taste of it. I don't like the taste of Chinese soy milk, and certainly this is not an argument of Japanese vs Chinese. The Japanese Bonsoy that I like has other added ingredients, like barley malt syrup and Kombu, that make it taste better, in my opinion. They don't use nasty preservatives. My parents make soymilk at home - it taste like mashed soybean with water - because it is literally what it is and I find it a bit gross with my cereal or oatmeal. Also, most packaged soy has added calcium so at least that's a good added 'additive'.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

point taken

Since I've moved here, I haven't really had the chance to buy any fresh soy-milk from any local vendors/restaurants. I do have to say though, that the soy milk selection in Hong Kong grocery outlets were a lot less than I would've imagined.

I have found some gems that are even better than the So Nice products available in North America (can't seem to find them here). Most of what I drink have little to no sugar, are low in fat, and high in protein.

I doubt anyone is very fond of artificial preservatives, but unless one is willing to go o-naturelle, a little bit once in a while isn't going to kill you (maybe).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast