Price: Nikon D90 camera + 18-105/3,5-5,6 VR optics?

Closed Thread

Price: Nikon D90 camera + 18-105/3,5-5,6 VR optics?

I am wondering if I should wait until I go to HK to buy this camera + optics.

The swedish price is 10600 SEK which is about 9400 HKD.

The swedish crown has really taken a nosedive when the crisis began last autumn. Before then cameras were very cheap in HK...

No tax in HK will be a good thing for you to consider.
    I suggest to go to some chain store to purcase in HK in order to adviod warranty and other problem.
    I hope this help

I know, if someone knows what Fortress or similar charges that would be neat.

Noooo - Fotress was almost at 10000 HKD for that package so I'll by it in Sweden. Too bad.

Last edited by nikasp; 01-04-2009 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikasp:
    Noooo - Fotress was almost at 10000 HKD for that package so I'll by it in Sweden. Too bad.
    I bought mine at Broadway when it was released here, list price then was just below 10k and I think it's still the same. However for that I also got:
    - 4GB Class 6 SD Card
    - USB card reader
    - a cheap tripod (part of the package, but useless)
    - bag (could chose out of two)
    - spare battery (not original)
    - UV filter
    - a T-Shirt
    - a battery operated shaver (WTF!?)

This is the best place to look for indicative Camera / Lens prices in Hong Kong.

Welcome to YG Billy's World of Photography

Billy updates most prices every few months. As of December the D90 kit was listed for 8,680HKD. However, in February Nikon has raised prices on all lenses and bodies because of the strengthening Yen (and actually I heard they will be raising prices again in April on all accessories...batteries, cables, etc). It's definitely worth shopping around. I do not recommend Fortress for your camera purchase (their prices are ALWAYS higher than any reputable camera shop in HK....and yes that's even after the 5-10% haggle discount). Sticking to chain stores I would recommend Broadway (much better prices than Fortress for camera gear in my experience). Otherwise stick to reputable shops either on Stanley Street on HK Island or in Mongkok in Kowloon. Looking at the price increase, the price in your home country may very well be as good or better than HK. Shop Around!

Digitalrev has the kit listed for HKD 8480.