Is there a Designers, handmade, crafty scene in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I just discovered The Living Room Craft Market online (Facebook group). Looks like fun!

ooh those links are really cool, especially the living room one (the people all look like models though which is unsettling.)

It's a pity I live in N.T, everything of interest like this is soo far awaaay!

Muddykins - I went to the Jockey arts centre, its lovely idea, beautiful building, inner balcony thingy going on was cool but it was soo empty which made me sad, lots of potential there though.
    I enquired about their printing studio and the person I spoke to was a bit of an 'artist' if you catch my drift, I don't think I will join :P

Curlyv - You have to promote yourself outside of Etsy and bring in your own buyers to do well, most buyers don't even know the forums exist! Although if you just want to just buy and sell a few things then the others are probably a better place being that they are newer = less competition.

Anyone thinking of going to check out the Living room craft this Sunday? i'm thinking of going but don't want to go solo !

I'll be up for the Living Room on Sunday. What time are you thinking of going?

I don't think I can this Sunday, I have visitors, unless they want to go but update the thread to let us know how it was!

For those who like design as an art/science, check this out...

香港國際設計創意研討會 Hong Kong International Design and Innovation Forum | currystar.com

dot.zen.

Yes, I've signed up for the Design & Innovation Forum on Saturday. I'll let you know my thoughts when I get back. Anyone else going?

I'll be going on sunday! PM me if u wanna go together

hi chocolate kisses
    have sent you a pm

RAW crafts fair

Hi - you should check out the RAW Marketplace which has just started a arts and crafts fair aimed at local designers...all handmade and not made in some factory in China. The next fair is in 28/29 November - check out www.randomartworkshop.com