TAIWAN GREEN BEAN CAKE 緑豆

Smile TAIWAN GREEN BEAN CAKE 緑豆

Same shape and size but not the one with pineapples.

it is not too sweet and amazingly tasty!
    Does anybody know where I can buy this Taiwan sweets in HK?
    www.taiwan-vigor.com.tw

Quote Originally Posted by tora-chan:
    Same shape and size but not the one with pineapples.

it is not too sweet and amazingly tasty!
    Tora - You're kiddin' right 'bout them being "not too sweet"?

Been twice to Taiwan, so - like millions of tourists - have tried the well-known "Vigor Kobo" brand of pastries there. And, recently, a friend brought back gift boxes of their famous Green Bean AND Pineapple Cakes, of which there are still quite a few green beanie BUT no more of the much yummier pineapple ones. The latter are way firmer, less sweet and crumbly, PLUS fuller in the designated (or fruit) flavour. Goes well - better, IMO - with a strong cuppa coffee

Glancing at their website, Vigor say they don't have any branches in HK yet, but may plan mail-order service in future coz of rising interest, courtesy of HK foodie mags and TV shows.

Why not look into the many wee Taiwanese snack and pastry shops dotted around HK. For example, Kowloon, Mong Kok: I've seen one on Dundas St, between busy "Irish Potatoes" stall and a 7-11; another around Bute St, off Tung Choi St (up towards Prince Edward end). You never know... they might have ya greenies in stock.
    Last edited by emmie; 23-04-2009 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my very late reply..
    Actually I think this cake can be suit to my mom's taste. Goes very good with Japanese tea.
    Yeah.. I also LOVVE pinapple cake and other fruities!!