Visiting HKG and looking for tips on bargains

Closed Thread

Visiting HKG and looking for tips on bargains

I'm going to Hong Kong for about a week this summer and I'm really psyched As a way to make some well needed extra cash during the summer I was planning on shopping for some cheap goods in HKG to bring with, and sell for profit in my homecountry Sweden.

The goods would have to be fairly cheap and small in size in order for me to be able to bring them back with me. Does anyone know of some products that fits the description? Much thanks for any help.

Regards,
    /Johannes

how about something like jade/pearls...not sure of the demand in sweden, but possibly the supply is limited, making the opportunity for a decent markup possible...

if you can bargain hard, the jade market is a good source for both, if you know what to look for (i don't btw!)

just a thought...

If you are looking for things that do not necessarily require quality (or even being original) then go up to Shenzhen - that's better and cheaper than HK but bear in mind much of what you see is fake. T-shirts, wallets, bags, watches, huge number of cheap semi-fake phones etc etc .....

It is also possible to be completely ripped off too though so be careful!

Last edited by MovingIn07; 12-05-2009 at 08:08 AM.

How about memory sticks and cards? Very small and you could get some good deals... My experience is that those seem quite a bit more expensive in Europe.

You can easily make quite a bit of money off a set of copy golf clubs from China. You'll get a full set for about 100 Euro that you could sell for at least 300 maybe more if you're good but clubs are not so small...

I have many friends that do this when they go back to North America.

Last edited by gilleshk; 12-05-2009 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    If you are looking for things that do not necessarily require quality (or even being original) then go up to Shenzhen - that's better and cheaper than HK but bear in mind much of what you see is fake. T-shirts, wallets, bags, watches, huge number of cheap semi-fake phones etc etc .....

It is also possible to be completely ripped off too though so be careful!
    ... but they look so real that you could try and sell it as the real thing and make alot of profit...

but agreed with the other poster who suggested electronic goods... some of my friends sell cosmetics, but probably make sure you know what you are getting

and make sure you dont buy so much and keepthe original packaging that its obvious you are starting a business if you are checked at Customs...

Best bet would be to see what is the latest craze in your own country that is made in China, small in size and everyone is wanting it. then try to find it here and make some bucks out of it.