Like Tree1Likes

Health Food Store and Vitamine Shop in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fut:
    is TST another neighborhood like Central?
    TST is a common expat contraction of Tsim Sha Tsui - that lovely suburb full of hotels and rip-off merchants right across the harbour from Central.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    And when you say you buy citamins online for me and OH, what do you mean exactly?
    I too, am looking for the widest selection because my needs are particula, and I don't mind visiting a few different stores to get all the different ones I need.
    Fanda has a good selection considering the size of the shop but you'll find the widest selections online.

My OH (other half) is on a homocysteine-reducing regimen and I haven't been able to find TMG in Hong Kong. So now I order all our vitamins/supplements online. The cheaper prices more than outweigh the cost of delivery. The company I order from uses a courier and it only takes 4-5 days to get here - just as well because once I forgot the TMG in our order!

There's also no taxes or duties to pay. Although the last order was x-rayed - twice!
    Vrindavan likes this.

I buy supplements (and soap) from iherb.com in the US. Best prices anywhere on most items, and they ship by DHL or USPS (you pick what kind of shipping you'd like).

You can use my code (LOC112) for an additional $5 off! I just bought a bunch of Dr Bronner's Tea Tree soap and it ended up costing me under $5 a bar, shipping included! Sounds like I'm advertising, but someone on this site recommended it to me and it really is the best place to buy supplements.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 01-06-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

jay: That's the site we use. The choice is excellent plus, of course, the VIP discount! But I'm sure we'll get other suggestions.

Speaking of supplements, by any chance has anyone found a place that sells any of the racetams (piracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam, pramiracetam etc)? I usually get mine online, but I end up paying more for shipping than for the actual product.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    There's also no taxes or duties to pay. Although the last order was x-rayed - twice!
    Just curious- how do you know the number of times it was x-rayed? Do customs slap big stickers on the package?

Hm, skimming thru iHerb.com and doing quick arithmetic on several items of particular interest, think I'll sign on laters to order "in bulk" to save mucho $$$ Prices comparable with - and some A LOT cheaper than - similar sold in Boots, Superdrug, and Holland & Barrett (which I get smuggled in from the UK).

Still have bottles and bottles - mainly joint health stuff for canine - to use up first.

Thanks - useful info and lead, dear Jay / Claire.

Last edited by emmie; 01-06-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    All the 84 trace minerals? There are far more than 84 minerals in the world. Which 84 in particular would you like?
    that would be these:

Himalayan Crystal Salt Elements

84 elements the body needs:
    hydrogen, lithium, beryllium, boron, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, fluoride, sodium, magnesium, aluminum, silicon, phosphorus, sulfur, chloride, calcium, scandium, titanium, vanadium, chromium, manganese, iron, cobalt, nickel, copper, zinc, gallium, germanium, arsenic, selenium, bromine, rubidium, strontium, yttrium, zirconium, niobium, molybdenum, ruthenium, rhodium, palladium, silver, cadmium, indium, tin, antimony, tellurium, iodine, cesium, barium, lanthanum, cerium, praseodymium, samarium, europium, gadolinium, terbium, dysprosium, holmium, erbium, thulium, ytterbium, lutetium, hafnium, tantalum, tungsten, rhenium, osmium, iridium, platinum, gold, mercury, thallium, lead, bismuth, polonium, astatine, francium, radium, actinium, thorium, protactinium, uranium, neptunium, and plutonium.

and it is himalayan crystal (not sea) salt, from the himalaya

What a bunch of tosh.

The body needs thorium does it? And thallium? Tell that to Alexander Litvinenko (or his family at least).

Mercury is extremely toxic.

Antimony likewise.

Lead killed many many people before the dangers were realised. There is no safe threshold.

Where do you get this crap from?

Last edited by PDLM; 01-06-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    What a bunch of tosh.

The body needs thorium does it? And thallium? Tell that to Alexander Litvinenko (or his family at least).

Mercury is extremely toxic.

Antimony likewise.

Lead killed many many people before the dangers were realised. There is no safe threshold.

Where do you get this crap from?
    an obscure, little known search engine called google (don't feel bad, most people haven't heard of it either)...btw, i'm not promoting the shit, just answering your question...
    Last edited by timklip; 01-06-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast