Shopping in Shenzen - Visa Question

Closed Thread

Shopping in Shenzen - Visa Question

I have heard conflicting information lately about Shenzen Visas for Aussies visiting from HK. We are hoping to get a visa at the border to go shopping for the day - could someone let me know if this is currently possible? And if so, where we go once we are there to apply. Thankyou!

I totally agreed with you on the conflicting advice. To avoid unforeseen saga, I applied mine from the Chinese Embassy at the China Business Building in Wanchai. I was told to apply before making the trip, therefore I did. I have been to Shenzhen for a few times now and I have not aware that you can get a "on the spot" visa. I have seen people completing A4 forms and submit to the counter - they were Asian decent. I am assuming that they are mainlanders!

The application comes in three forms - (1) rush for 1 working day, (2) express for 2-3 working days or (3) normal takes 4 days to process.
    (1) and (2) attract extra fee to process where else (3) you only pay for the visa fee. Please allow yourself time, at least 2/3 hrs min as one needs to queue up for going up to the floor, for picking up a form and for picking up a window queue number. They won't allow you to pick up window queue number if you have not completed the form or for incomplete form. Once you got your window queue number, its matter of wait for your turn. The submission of form only takes about 5 mins the most. You need a passport photo and the passport.

If you have a HK ID card, you can apply for multiple entry for 6 or 12 months - different cost fee, of course.

Hope this helps.