B&Q closing...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I believe that the new one which Mrs PDLM has found (to replace the late lamented Takami) has views. It's up on the 17th floor or thereabouts. To be fair, even Takami has windows, albeit just looking over the neon signs across the street.

Excellent...

It's a shame B&Q are going but to be honest the only busy aspect of Mega Box is the lifts. There is just not the foot traffic to sustain large stores in that location and even by car the car parking locations are just plain crazy. The design of the mall, although different and some may say impressive, is just not suited to those out with families.

Driving up to the car park the first time was crazy, it kept on going up and up, i thought i went the wrong way and finally ended up on the 14th floor before i could find a space. Totally bizaree planning. Even the lifts and escalators are crazy, if you take the wrong one you end up in the wrong place.

Anyone know when the actual closing date is???

Megabox overall is jsut a big failure. Mainly cos its in the middle of nowhere in Kowloon Bay. I've been to B&Q a few times but it was not a nice shopping experience...far from it. Not that there were any problems witht he customer service or the stores in general. Just that when shopping is done had to take the cramped shuttle bus with extra seats squeezed into the aisle to make it difficult as hell to carry anything onboard with you. Thats what i realised when I went to B&Q! In the end had to get a taxi cos I could see that it would be fairly difficult to squeeze into half a seat with luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger
    That's a new one on me... never been to a karaoke bar with windows before!
    One of the California Reds in Causeway Bay has windows with pretty decent views as well.

It's not as if they were not aware there would be an absence of foot traffic there! They only had to look at Emax over in the HITEC centre to understand what sort of foot traffic there is. Walk around that area of Kowloon Bay on a Sunday and it's disturbingly quiet for an area in HK! Everyone's in Telford Gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiew888
    Megabox overall is jsut a big failure. Mainly cos its in the middle of nowhere in Kowloon Bay. I've been to B&Q a few times but it was not a nice shopping experience...far from it. Not that there were any problems witht he customer service or the stores in general. Just that when shopping is done had to take the cramped shuttle bus with extra seats squeezed into the aisle to make it difficult as hell to carry anything onboard with you. Thats what i realised when I went to B&Q! In the end had to get a taxi cos I could see that it would be fairly difficult to squeeze into half a seat with luggage.
    shuttle buses are a joke, you wait up to half an hour from kowloon bay mtr, but it's only a 10 min walk

however, assuming that you're driving, parking is very cheap at HK$8 per hour ( if you spend HK$180, 3 hours free parking, compared to festival walk where you're require to spend HK$1,500 for free 2 hour parking), the fact is that DIY is not big is hong kong, HK ikea is have a furniture assemble service ( very few country have this)

Megabox does have a cheap and good cinema as well as Novo is very good for clothes ( branded), possibly cheaper than city gate outlets, however, i suspect that most shop will close eventually

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Does anyone know when it is closing? Just told OH and he wants to buy some things "just in case".

I wanna go check out the mall in its entirety too. I bought my netbook there, but the computer fair was so crowded I didn't bother looking around much. :P

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast