B&Q closing...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

DIY stores work when actually getting off your arse and doing it yourself is cheaper than getting a bloke in to do it properly and renovating is a fun thing to do at the weekend.
    32oC, high humidity, a poxy rabbit hutch to live in and plenty of small shops and firms offering to supply what you want locally and then renovate stuff for you - who was the genius that thought a B&Q would work?

..and Megabox? Went once - never again - I'm not trapsing out that far for shopping to be a bigger chore than it already is.

looks like a new tenant may have been found for B & Q's space...IKEA is moving to Megabox next summer...

Quote Originally Posted by timklip
    looks like a new tenant may have been found for B & Q's space...IKEA is moving to Megabox next summer...
    Wow that makes a lot of sense.. Did they find the Telford location to be too convenient for people?

A lot better for parking, and should be more space?

will be the biggest store in HK according to the flyer in today's catalogue mailing...but i agree it's far less convenient for those of us without a car

when I was last in B&Q a couple of weeks ago there were some Swedish guys walking round the store with plans in their hands. The B&Q guys said they were from Ikea.

anyone knows how much discount they have right now? last time i went was 50% off but that was 2 weeks ago

i heard 3 sept is closing day.

Don't think it is Sept 3rd as I have a delivery coming that day. I asked the manager a couple of weeks back and she said some time in mid September, but the date hasn't been decided (or decided publically more like).

fm7

Not surprising. I suspect the "visited MegaBox once" club is alarmingly big.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast