Watch recommendations?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watch recommendations?

So....my day-to-day Seiko watch broke down recently, and I lack a sport watch for running...so I'm in the position to buy 2 watches now. I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

Day-to-day watch:
    - prefer steel bands
    - price should ideally be around or less then HK $2000
    - i like the smaller/medium mens sizes since i have small wrists (not the huge mens ones)
    - I really liked the Phosphor eInk Curve, but im worried that it lacks a backlight and will be difficult to read at night
    - I prefer simplistic face designs

Sport Watch:
    - prefer something GPS enabled for tracking runs
    - possibly track calories, routes, speed, heart, etc like the Nike+ stuff does
    - price should be less then HK $1000
    - liked the Nike+ Sportband, but it lacks a backlight and has bad reviews of screen failing quickly
    - like the Garmin 405 forerunner, but its too pricey for a sport watch

Last edited by BenderBends; 20-07-2009 at 09:28 AM.

thanks shri...i actually just read about that app last night, as well as the "mapmyrun" app. I tried both on the iphone 3G and they dont work very well with tracking my run, or keeping an accurate distance/speed trekked. I think it is due to either poor GPS in HK, or just the poor gps in iPhone. not sure which since that is my first and only gps device. I have heard amazing reviews from US customers though...so i dont know. I have also heard the iPhoner 3Gs has better gps functionality...so perhaps the 3G is just too weak.

Timex Ironman for a running watch..

Bit pricey, but they are the best for running.. I used to borrow my mates back home. It comes with a GPS beacon that you attach further up your arm and it can monitor your distance and other stuff as well.. Really good little piece of kit.

For a smart watch.. I like FOSSIL - watches, handbags, accessories, and apparel - www.fossil.com I've had 2 or 3 of them. they're really good quality and not too expensive either

Bender, I've found the GPS to be pretty accurate. It gets me to where I need to get to (or within 100 meters or so). I suspect the major issue, if you're running is that its not going to acquire the GPS signals and stay locked on them while you run, in HK.

i REALLY like the Seiko Spring Drive SNR017....but why does it need to be so damn pricey

want something cool, sophisticated and unique watch, try diesel's range of oled ( i have one, so cool and not so geeky) watches, high quality watches as well as unique display

2009 range includes all black or all gold design at HK$1,900 each

Diesel offers up duo of OLED-packin' watches

or if you want a geeks watch (where display is not in numbers, but indicated by the blocks of led lights, very unqiue, but you can't tell the time if you're drunk)

Watch this Wednesday: The PIMP Watch

avaible from city chain from HK$900 to HK$1700 but it's cheaper if you order from the manufacturer Tokyoflash Japan if you outside of hk, as they don't sell online or deliver to hk)

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Bender, I've found the GPS to be pretty accurate. It gets me to where I need to get to (or within 100 meters or so). I suspect the major issue, if you're running is that its not going to acquire the GPS signals and stay locked on them while you run, in HK.
    well...i tried it this morning on my way to the office, which is a 15 minute walk with very little structures over head. it was able to find me at my start, and when i got to my destination i hit stop, and saved the details. i then tried to view the map...but it was unable to show my route. i dont know if the speed/distance was correct either as i havent mapped it out yet online.

I am a fan of Citizen Titanium Eco Drives. (The first and last 'expensive' watch that I owned)...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Eco-Drive-Perpetual-Chronograph-BL5250-53L/dp/B000EQU02S/"]Amazon.com: Citizen Men's BL5250-53L Eco-Drive Titanium Perpetual Calendar Chronograph Watch: Citizen: Watches@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51D0BJN0ZDL.@@AMEPARAM@@51D0BJN0ZDL[/ame]

i also have this wacky and unique watch

AudioCubes.com - 12-5-9 L Series LED Kanji Watch - 1259L01 -

i'm attracted to blue led/oled lights like a moth to a lamp at night!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast